X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorter Springs for A3

Hey guys,
    I have a Audi A3 Q and looking to go lower,
    These are the coilovers I have now: http://shop.achtuning.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=1300

They are threaded down all the way but I would like to go about an inch, to a inch 1/2 lower. From what I have read it sounds like the easiest way is to get shorter springs and take out the locking threads? If so, what springs would you guys reccomend? I have emailed GC, KONI, and Stasis, but haven't got a solid answer, so i thought i would turn to the experts

Here is where she sits currently:

Thanks for the help,
    Nev

Hey another PNW ride! I like it.

Comment

you take out the helper springs yet?

*Edit: damn, i guess you don't have helper springs? you could always cut your springs yourself for a quick fix..

Comment

For the front like stated above you could cut the top coil off on the springs.. and the rear you can buy a shorter Race springs.. PM me and I will see what i can do for you..
        Mike

Mike Migs
        Status Gruppe Tuning
        10801 Vista Sorrento Parkway
        San Diego, CA 92121
        P. 619-887-6006
        E. Info@statusgruppe.com
        W.StatusGruppe.com
        Like us on Facebook!

Comment

I want a A3 so bad

Anyway, if you do decide to cut the springs, do it in steps. I wouldn't recommend cutting a whole 2 coils off, just a few inches off the top should do. Take about 3-6 in off the top, test it, then step back and think if you want to go any lower. Repeat until you achieve the height your looking for.

Remember, a whole coil doesn't mean 1in lower

-Dan

Comment

yay another A3'r, u running 19's?

just wondering cause i am running Koni adjustables(not stasis but they should be basically the same thing) and i can like literally drop it to the ground with them.

but yeah, you could cut the springs up front and remove the collar in the back, or if u wanted to spend the money you could get a different set of springs, im sure they have more options as far as height and spring rate.

vortex has a good A3 community if u want more answers.

Comment

Working...
            X