Shop having trouble fitting my tires :shifty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop having trouble fitting my tires :shifty

So the tire shop that is mounting and balancing my tires called and said they are having trouble getting the tires to seal. They told me that the lips needs to be cleaned up or something. I am bringing them home to see if I can clean up the inner lips myself instead of paying them

I dont really think I am doing too much of a stretch. 205/40/17 fuzions on 17x8 style 5s. I know its been done before, a lot haha. Is there anything special that they need to do to get the tires to seal? Any help would be appreciated.

I will post up pictures once these are fitted on my car. I am getting my fenders rolled this week. Centers are gold and my car is montreal blue.

I mounted 205/40 on my style 5's with no problems at all. Not even high pressure

Comment

Originally posted by frey328is View Post
      So the tire shop that is mounting and balancing my tires called and said they are having trouble getting the tires to seal. They told me that the lips needs to be cleaned up or something. I am bringing them home to see if I can clean up the inner lips myself instead of paying them

I dont really think I am doing too much of a stretch. 205/40/17 fuzions on 17x8 style 5s. I know its been done before, a lot haha. Is there anything special that they need to do to get the tires to seal? Any help would be appreciated.

I will post up pictures once these are fitted on my car. I am getting my fenders rolled this week. Centers are gold and my car is montreal blue.
      That stretch is easy-peasy. Are they using a cheetah to bead them? Other than that, there shouldn't be much of an issue.

Comment

Find another shop.

205/40-17 ZRi's are rated for 7" to 8" rims so it's not even really considered stretch, when the manufacturer approves the mounting. It would be sad if a shop used a cheetah for this mount.

Bad dirt or damage to the bead can cause them to not seal, but that's unlikely unless your rims were FUBAR.

Comment

I kinda think this is just the stealership trying to screw me over. When they called I asked if it was all of the tires or just some of them that wouldnt seal and they said it was all of them. Then when I said I wanted to clean them up myself instead of having them do it they said they will charge me for the 1 tire they mounted. Then I asked when I can pick them up and they said I can after lunch (in a few hours) because they arent done. Doesnt make sense.

Maybe I will just take them somewhere else haha. Its not like these tires should be that difficult to fit with the soft sidewall haha.

Comment

Originally posted by frey328is View Post
            the stealership
            Here's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
              Here's your problem.
              +1. Go ANYWHERE else.

Comment

haha I thought I would try it, they gave me a pretty good price. I will be going somewhere else next.

Comment

Picked up the wheels from the stealership and left without paying for my valve stem ha. Took them to a different place and they had no problem at all. Lesson learned.

Should be test fitting the wheels on the front today with my 10mm spacer

What size spacer should I plan on using for the back? Im waiting till the fenders are done to know for sure but I am thinking 15 or 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                    It would be sad if a shop used a cheetah for this mount.
                    They had to use one to mount them on my BBWs (8" wide) but not on the 8.5" type As back in the day haha. Depends on the wheel really.

Comment

You better get us some test pics. Pronto.
                      Originally posted by da3bous
                      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yxrxELxVYg

But for 205s on an 8 you shouldnt even have a problem
                        -Brandon-

Comment

Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yxrxELxVYg

But for 205s on an 8 you shouldnt even have a problem
                          For pros only
                          Originally posted by da3bous
                          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

i had a 205/40 on a 8.5.

a lot of places wont stretch tires.. its gay. gotta have the hook ups!

but you should have no problem mounting those. unless they really suck at mounting tires.

Comment

I didn't have a problem @ the dealer mounting my 255s on my 10s

Comment

Working...
                              X