Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OG appreciation thread. Starting with an interesting story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG appreciation thread. Starting with an interesting story.

Being that this is a website devoted to new styles, fitment, etc, I dont really expect a HUGE following in this thread, but here goes;

I read this article the other day;

And was intrigued. Intrigued enough to do a fair amount of research on the SoCal roots of these guys, as well as the whole honda/fast import movement.

From what I have gathered, Terminal Island, Sylmar, Ontario, and Fontana were the places to race back then, street or track.

I also have gathered that AEM (Concialdi), JG Engine Dynamics(Gutierrez), STR(of Bergenholtz fame), Honda pro (Viet Lam) Lightspeed, and all of those guys were just start up companies at this point.

Some of the big names back in those days were;

Tony fuchs;

Viet Lam;

Ed Bergenholtz;

Lisa Kubo;

There were more like Skunkworks, Dr. Charles, Jojo Callos, Myles Bautista, Team Cyber, Wicked Racing, etc...

In the search of more info/pictures/videos of these old shenanigans, I have made this thread. Maybe someone on here has roots out that way, or hell maybe even on the east coast in the start of fast imports, just seeing if anyone has any input here.
    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.
Working...
X