Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for car around ~$20000 | Help me out, Stanceworks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for car around ~$20000 | Help me out, Stanceworks.

Hey guys, since this is only my 2nd post here, I should preface this.

I found this site thru e46fanatics.. I usually lurk the showroom on here to get modding inspiration- I had an e46 wagon on 18x9 OZ Mitos. got coilovers installed and just ordered spacers and was gonna dial in the suspension this weekend... but I got into an accident on Thursday and the car's totalled now. RIP.

Anyhow... that's how life works, I guess.

I have $20,000 (give or take) to purchase a car now, really open to consider anything but ideally it would be an auto (I know) because Id like certain family members to be able to drive it.. I want something that is relatively new, comfortable, and has low(ish) miles... Since I plan on fully stancing this car I came to ask you guys for your opinions.

I am considering: Audi S4, G35, 350z, IS250/IS300, MK4/5 Golf GTI, Audi TT ... haha mostly leaning towards the S4 atm.
    Convince me: which car should I get and what other cars can you recommend? thanks!!

Frank

something that would scream "DUUUUUDE, STANCE ME!"...
    sigpic

Comment

I would get something german, late 80's to early/mid 90's body. Spend a few grand making it reliable, and then the rest of my dough on making it mine.

I know this doesn't exactly fit your criteria, but that's what I would do.

Comment

I have an audi TT 225hp quattro 6 speed for sale. it is a really great car, quick but still practical for winter. pm me if you want more info. for the price i am asking, you will have some money left over to mod the car a bit and get it up over 300 awhp as well as work on stance. im in NY btw so not too far from maryland.
        personally audi with quattro is a winner in my book.
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by twinpeaks218 View Post

I have $20,000 (give or take) to purchase a car now, really open to consider anything but ideally it would be an auto (I know) because Id like certain family members to be able to drive it.. I want something that is relatively new, comfortable, and has low(ish) miles... Since I plan on fully stancing this car I came to ask you guys for your opinions.

I am considering: Audi S4, G35, 350z, IS250/IS300, MK4/5 Golf GTI, Audi TT ... haha mostly leaning towards the S4 atm.
          Convince me: which car should I get and what other cars can you recommend? thanks!!

Frank
          Not everyone can drive a fully stanced car.
          But imo you should go for something German, preferably VW.

Comment

e39 m5

Comment

You can't have a fully stanced car and let anyone drive it. That's just asking for trouble. Nobody drives my car but me.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                You can't have a fully stanced car and let anyone drive it. That's just asking for trouble. Nobody drives my car but me.
                +1 most people wouldn't know what to do in most situations.

Comment

Yeah, of course.

No one except me is going to drive this car on a regular basis. but it might happen if an emergency comes up.. all I can do is tell them to be careful with it and hope for the best. i appreciate the concern though.

I'm looking for something fairly practical/comfy because it's going to be my DD.. not a big deal but I have to commute about 2 hours every day.

at this point, I've got my sights on a b5/b6 s4...

...Should I?
                  Last edited by twinpeaks218; 11-21-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

STi GC8 doooo eeeeeettttt.
                    Originally posted by da3bous
                    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Working...
                    X