To wrap or not to wrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To wrap or not to wrap?

Hi guys, a friend of mine runs his own vinyl wrapping company and has recently wrapped a few panels on my cousins .:R32 golf. Its got me thinking about possibly wrapping my csl.

What are your thoughts on cars with wraps and if you were to wrap an E46 M3csl what colour/finish would you go for?

Im tempted to have the new vinyl wrap version of BMW's "frozen grey" matt paint...

This would mean i could leave the cuts and shuts as they are (silver grey) which reduces the overall aggro of wrapping the car.

I am also tempted to go white ...

My friend says i should go bold and bright with it, something like the porker GT3RS Orange or Green ... not sold on that idea as i prefer subtle to shouty!

I don't know if you should, a CSL is a CSL because it only came in that awesome colour.

Frozen grey would work though.

Comment

The csl came in silver grey or saphire black (ultra rare) in a 75/25 split.

The frozen grey would work as its a close enough match to the original colour but its the aftercare that concerns me ... cant wax/polish/glaze/seal/buff it and i have a shed full of cleaning products as i quite like spending the day/weekend giving the car a good clean.

A gloss white finish is easier to look after but you can still only really wash it and dry it.

Im not sold on the idea tbh but for the price im being offered for the wrap it would be silly of me not to give it some serious consideration.

Comment

from a person who deals with vinyl wraps and owns a bmw i personally think you shouldnt wrap a CSL. i love the standard colours.

but best option is to gather some swatch samples of the materials and have a look outside in natural light and see what "you" think is best, everyone has there own opinions on colours but ultimatly its yours.

the plus point on vinyl wrap is you can always change / rip it off if you dont like it anymore. =)

Flickr

Comment

Im a fan of wraps so yes go for it,ive seen some cars with just the top half of the body done in a wrap that looks good to, some cars it just dont suite but i think it will look nice on the CLS and the sweet thing is you can just take it off if your not happy with it or get bored of it.
          Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

just thought i would throw this in here:

my 3 series in matte black wrap. like i said wraps are good and if its cheap its worth a go and can always take off if unhappy.

Flickr

Comment

That looks a very good finish man, cars looking mean. Want some smoked indicators ?

Comment

That looks so good Jacko im liking that lots
                Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                  That looks a very good finish man, cars looking mean. Want some smoked indicators ?

sure, when this RR day planned?

Originally posted by slimadi View Post
                  That looks so good Jacko im liking that lots
                  looks sooo much better in the flesh too, and you cant make out the carbon roof on photos.

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X