Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sooo - I want to run some stretch on a 7 inch wheel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo - I want to run some stretch on a 7 inch wheel...

Ok so I have a staggered set of 17 inch volks that I want to run stretched tyres on. My back wheels are 8 front are 7, now usually I'd run 8's alround and my go to tyre would be a falken 205 45 17, but I'm kinda struggling to find a tyre to suit the 7's - really need a 195 45 17 but dont seem to exist here. Anyone know a tyre place that stocks this size?
    Option B is I get wider lips I guess!
    VW GOLF MK3 VR6 aka the black hole, aka the black death, aka black attack

Going down to a 40 profile will help with gaining stretch. 205/40R17 on my 17x8 still is hardly stretched so I think you're honestly just going to need wider rims.

Comment

195 wont stretch on a 7, need 165's
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

i had 195/45/17s for sale some time back. yokohama make them. s drives from memory.
        they dont stretch at all on a 7, gives a straight side wall and thats it.
        wouldnt you want something smaller profile on a mk3 anyway..?
        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

sorry that should read 40 (not 45), 205 40 17, but only in falken, for some reason they seem to stretch better (i know it doesn't make sense)

observe

and on a 7

Last edited by blacker; 10-21-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

nankang make a 185/35 and 165/40 in the NS2

dom
            '92 16v Passat Wagon on Bagyard Air Ride

Comment

will check out some nankangs - cheers dom

Comment

Decided to go bigger lips, 7's suck!

Comment

Working...
                X