Pulling/flaring fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling/flaring fender

anyone care to explain? I know what rolling and cutting fenders is but how would you pull/flare a fender?
    -Jorge-

Originally posted by 00bmw323 View Post
    how would you pull/flare a fender?
    very carefully lulz

I did I slight pull on my fronts with a regular fender roller, just slowly added more and more pressure to it..

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
    form>function
    "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

baseball bat!
      lol
      -Matt

Comment

is that what u used?? lol did you see that thread i bumped on e46f? lol
        -Jorge-

Comment

lol yea i did use a bat actually.
          u have to be very careful tho.
          i havent cracked the paint yet. and they are pretty flared out now. you just have to take it slow and make sure its not wavvy lookin
          -Matt

Comment

You can pull with a roller
            sigpic
            http://libertyvip.wordpress.com/

Comment

how big a baseball bat?? i cant even fit my finger in there..

and can someone explain the difference of Rolling...Flaring and Pulling
              -Jorge-

Comment

got an answer
                Originally posted by boligrafo123
                Rolling is just flattening the (usually) small lip found where the fender curves into the wheel well, while flaring/pulling involves pushing the fender outwards, which will cause the fenders to "jut out" more. Basically, a roll is needed to gain minimal clearance, while a pull/flare is needed to fit very aggressive offsets, or unusually wide wheel/tire setups.
                -Jorge-

Comment

heres my pulled fenders for referance.
                  idk if 4dr looks like this tho.
                  -Matt

Comment

looks like you need to get the corner..and how did you pull them?
                    do you have a before pic?
                    -Jorge-

Comment

ehh i just rolled the part that was rubbing which was the center. and it still rubs like crazy

at first i grinded out most of that putty stuff thats inside the fender. then got a bat, lifted the car, stuck the bat in there at an angle, lowered the car. it rolled and flared them a little bit. but not enough for my new setup.
                      so me and my buddy took a hammer to the inside to flaten them out more.
                      it helped but i still rubbed.
                      sooooo.. i got the bat out again. lowered the car on it. until i saw the fender pull out. i did it spot by spot. raising it and moving the bat an inch over every time to keep it even and not wavvy. its super sketchy and dangerous tho. luckily i didnt chip my paint

oh and on my car theres this little bolt that holds the bracket to ur bumper inside the rear fender. that was my first rubbing issue. u might want to grind that down a bit.
                      Last edited by Dubmd; 11-19-2009, 10:26 PM.
                      -Matt

Comment

thanks! got anymore pics?
                        im going to try rolling them this weekend..then spacers
                        -Jorge-

Comment

naa
                          i know theres a youtube video on how to roll and pull them. check it out.
                          good luck bro. try and use a hairdryer too
                          -Matt

Comment

a how to guide to diy fender rolling to clear larger or wider wheels and tires

Japanese style rolling

But go to a sports store, grab the cheapest wooden bat you can find, and then raise your car up so the bat will fit in, lower the car a tiny bit so there is pressure on the bat, and use leverage to pull the fender out. Then roll the bat around the fender using the tire as a guide, it shows it in the video, but does it in a crazy as well. I've done it on my audi without issues. The wood is soft enough to let the metal bend without going too far....
                            iiililillillliliil
                            bar|society

Comment

lol i just watched that like 2 minutes ago!
                              -Jorge-

Comment

Working...
                              X