E36 belly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 belly?

I used to drive an MKV GTI. I'm set on getting an E36. I was wondering what the belly side of those cars are like, what do you E36 guys smack off the ground the most, pan/subframe/beams etc. I feel like subframes on MKV's hang down pretty far, you can get one on the ground but the body will still be about an inch or more off the ground.

nhoJyauQ/John Quay

E36 Vert Build

Instagram @nhojyauq

Frame rails.

Comment

im not ridiculously low, but i scrape floor mostly, theres not a lot of chassis rail, but that scrapes too. pan sits fair high, dont recall any marks on it last time i was under the car.

edit:

couple pics of the bottom of an e36

Last edited by hakhawk; 10-14-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        Frame rails.
        word. so I'm guessing being static low is less stressful...

nhoJyauQ/John Quay

E36 Vert Build

Instagram @nhojyauq

Comment

It's a piece of cake

Comment

awesome. stoked to get what i find mad low. im sure its not the same feeling as smacking subframe/oilpan.anyone ever "drop" or crack anything from hitting something too hard? im sure its not the same feeling as smacking subframe/oilpan.

nhoJyauQ/John Quay

E36 Vert Build

Instagram @nhojyauq

Comment

Front sway bar and frame rails are the first things to hit on an e36. Easiest to drive slammed car I've ever driven

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                Front sway bar and frame rails are the first things to hit on an e36. Easiest to drive slammed car I've ever driven
                im so stoked to get one on the ground....i just need to find one to buy

nhoJyauQ/John Quay

E36 Vert Build

Instagram @nhojyauq

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                  this, my old e30 four banger scarped the oil pan with broken springs, those pans hang so damn low.
                  the e36 so freaking easy to drive lowered. its only the frame rails that scrap.
                  -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                  Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

yeah, dude, you're going to love it. my wife's mkv is pretty low (23" ftg), but my e36 is a lot lower with just over an inch frame rail to ground. i'd say (and she probably agrees) that the e36 is just as easy to drive even though it's lower. i have been scraping my frame rails a LOT though, but it doesn't affect driveability.
                    025garage

Comment

Most 6cyl E36s have the fuel filter sitting next to the frame rails (I think it's got to do with the year), so relocating it might be a good idea if you want to go really slammed.

But apart from that, easy going.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                        yeah, dude, you're going to love it. my wife's mkv is pretty low (23" ftg), but my e36 is a lot lower with just over an inch frame rail to ground. i'd say (and she probably agrees) that the e36 is just as easy to drive even though it's lower. i have been scraping my frame rails a LOT though, but it doesn't affect driveability.

My mkv was a daily, static at 22.1". Im so incredibly stoked to slam an e36.
                        Last edited by nhojyauq; 10-17-2011, 02:06 PM.

nhoJyauQ/John Quay

E36 Vert Build

Instagram @nhojyauq

Comment

it just kills me when i scrape the frame rails on my E36. it's just an invitation to corrosion.
                          anybody coat the rails with POR15 or similar?

Comment

You realize that if you coat it, it will just scrape off...

Comment

If you have an xbrace it will sit really low. Also dont get an aa track pipe

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Working...
                              X