Question about my Legnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my Legnum

I am very new to the 'proper' way of lowering - all my previous cars have had cut coils.
    My Mitsubishi Legnum has coilovers all round (Evo at the rear and Impreza at the front)
    Unfortunately, as they were fitted by the previous owner, I don't know much else about them.

My car 'skips' about and is very bouncy - is there a reason? It feels like the back of the car jumps to one side or the other if I hit a bump, and if I am going quickly, sometimes the car will bounce and bottom out on the bumps. Do I need stiffer or softer springs? Or is it the damping that is at fault? I have no clue where to start - sorry for the noob questions.

thanks in advance guys.

The car btw.

Your car with the evo springs/impreza, might have a different spring rate than designed for your car, since it's heavier and that might be part of the bumpy/twitchiness. Damping can also affect this, if your shock is set on a hard setting it will be bouncy because it allows the least compression of the strut.
    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Thanks for that. I have been looking at it today and have found that the back bounces about 4 or 5 times if you push it down then release, Shouldn't it stop bouncing after 1 or 2?

Comment

Side to side bouncing over bumps sounds like blown struts when you have coilovers or stiff springs on them. I have the same problem, and I know that my rear struts are blown.
        '88 323 - K-swapped
        '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

Cut coils is the proper way. Hella flush bro. But on a serious note, does the car bounce around on a totally flat surface? It could be something simple like tie rod ends. Also check the tension struts for wear.
          Last edited by K-Soup; 10-19-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the advice guys. I have discovered that my car has blown shocks. (sounds painful!). I'll get them replaced or rebuilt when I have a chance, although I also discovered that they are Mk1 Golf (Rabbit) coilovers at the back, so probably not man enough really.

Comment

I Love Legnums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              i've always wanted a VR4.

too bad we only got shitty 2.4 I-4 8th gen Galants here in the US.

any more pics?
              sc300 "Scraping Guts" -sold

ucf20
              ZEAL VIP

Comment

Working...
              X