stupid s-chassis fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid s-chassis fitment

Alright question, i have an s13. and the stupid s-chassis wheel gap is a huge pain the arse.. I have 17x9 +20 wheels all around. with spacers my offset is +0 in the rear +2 in front. my coilovers are maxed, took my helper springs off and took one of the locking rings off. the car is slammed, body wise. my headers are 2 or 3 inches off the ground. speedbumps are out of the question, although i still have a 1 or 1 1/2 inch wheel gap. i got new tires and stretched em thinking i would need it. but i dont. they're hankook h405 215/40/17. so what it all boils down to, i wanna be slammed atleast for LCL. minimum wheel gap, question is. i have two sets of stock coil springs, i was wondering can i cut a few revolutions off the coils? is that possible for coilovers? at my setup right now my car rides like complete shit, so if cutting springs make the ride worst i dont mind. because i have another set to swap when i raise my car back up.

If not this, what do you guys recommend? my friend (a beamer guy) said i can do something about cutting something internally so that it will sit lower without cutting springs. i'm so confused, shed some light anyone? thanks.

"Pavement Eater"
    WFC #1913
    sigpic
    Stanceworks Feature
    http://www.stanceworks.com/?p=8665

what type of coils are u rockin?
    sigpic

Comment

I have owned a few S13s, ive messed around with a few little tricks, i have shortened the little spacer between the upper spring retainer and the camber plate ball joint, you can run smaller springs without affecting performance because of the McPherson design as well. and as long as your springs are linear cutting them should not cause any issues. have you removed all your collars as well?

my previous cars: (im not just spouting bullshit)

www.yuta-akaishi.blogspot.com

Comment

lol were you selling that red one on CL without wheels? like along while back?

but on topic, bro i think its your coilovers, i had cusco's on mine and i had a little over an inch left on them

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

Originally posted by ILLES13 View Post
          my friend (a beamer guy) said i can do.
          a what? what's a 'beamer'?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy.yoshi View Post
            what type of coils are u rockin?
            ya this could help alot and i think you need better coils than you have right now.. its easy to slam on 17 if you have the right coil..good luck

Comment

Originally posted by ILLES13 View Post
              the car is slammed, body wise. my headers are 2 or 3 inches off the ground.
              I'm assuming the header is the lowest point on the car? If thats the case 2-3" is plenty of clearance. My lowest point is 1.5" off the ground (Sway bar)

Comment

i run K-sport coilovers on my LS400, they go low. i run lower than megans maxed out and on my Ks i got about a little under an inch left of the front.
                '95 525it-battlewagon.

Comment

I have Godspeed Hyper RS's i took the helper springs out and also took one of the locking rings off. i still want lower

"Pavement Eater"
                  WFC #1913
                  sigpic
                  Stanceworks Feature

Comment

to the top, so i cut the springs. but now theres so much droop i can almost fit two springs on one strut. theres no preload at all now, the only give there is is about the length of a bumpstop. otherwise i'm pretty much bottomed out. my coils are single shaft design

is there a way to shorten the strut housingand reweld it together?

"Pavement Eater"
                    WFC #1913
                    sigpic
                    Stanceworks Feature

Comment

can you preload the springs more with the top locking nut to drop the ride height further?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbitt View Post
                        can you preload the springs more with the top locking nut to drop the ride height further?
                        i dont think so nice, the top locking not doesn't go down any further. theres an eclip locking the retainer from going past the notch

"Pavement Eater"
                        WFC #1913
                        sigpic
                        Stanceworks Feature

Comment

also, the car is dropped so much that theres no way to go lower. if i took the spring out completely and mounted it it would sit at the same height. therefor is there a way to cut the strut tube?

"Pavement Eater"
                          WFC #1913
                          sigpic
                          Stanceworks Feature

Comment

it should go up. tighten preload to give you more thread for ride height. did you mean up as you look at the coilover ?

Comment

it should go up. tighten preload to give you more thread for ride height. did you mean up as you look at the coilover ?
                              i'm not understanding sorry :/
                              i'm trying to go lower

"Pavement Eater"
                              WFC #1913
                              sigpic
                              Stanceworks Feature

Comment

Working...
                              X