Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagged e46 For Sale

Price Drop to £5200
    After owning the BMW for just under a year ive now decided its the right time for me to sell it. I want to move out with my girlfriend soon so i would like to free up some money out of cars and get something cheap and static for now.

I would just like to point out from the beginning the car wont be for sale on the Gottis, instead it will be on BMW 5 series style 32s. Im keeping the Gottis for my next car unless the right price is offered but that will be down to further discussion

I will start with the basics:

2003 e46 318i 4 door facelift in Topaz Blue
    2.0, 4 cyl 145bhp
    current milage is 94900 but this will continue to rise as its my daily car until its sold
    1 years MOT, Tax until April 1st 2012
    2 previous owners
    Its got a full service history, with the last one being its inspection 2 carried out in September last year a few months before i bought it with its miles at 85928. The dash is reading out its due its next full oil service in 6500 miles.

Suspension:
    The main part of the car is of corse the Air Ride
    Its a 2-way electronic kit that was sourced/supplied and fitted by Havair down in Hastings.
    The front struts are custom one off Havair items produced through Gaz Suspension, with Firestone bags all round
    Custom top mounts made by Havair
    5 gallon tank with 2 x Viair compressors
    Viair dual needle illuminated gauge with 2 rocker switches
    Cut off switch, and water trap
    With this setup the car completely lays frame with no issues. I havnt seen any other UK bagged e46s, and im going to put my neck on the line and say i havnt seen any others, world wide, that are laying frame! There are a couple in the states, Australia, Belgium and Germany but from conversations with these guys none of them are able to lay frame due to using generic kits and lack of custom top mounts.

Wheels:
    BMW Style 32s off a 5 series
    17x8s et 20 and 17x 9s et26 with 195/40s and 205/40s
    They are the same size, widths and tyres as the gottis, just different offsets. But with a 26mm spacer out back and 17mm up front the style 32s will sit EXACTLY the same as the gottis
    All the tyres have at least 6-8 months left in them. Spigot rings locking bolts are also included.

Exterior:
    I havnt touched the outside too much, the only bits i have changed are as followed-
    U.S rear light clusters which i bought off Nate Dog on Edition38 who soured them from the states and Im yet to see another UK e46 running them. I arranged to meet a German dude at Players this year who kindly bought over the Amber the indicators and side repeaters. Ive seen a couple other guys running these but again in the UK theres not many.
    Black kindney grills
    Aero wipers
    Rolled front arches
    Hammered, rolled and pulled rear arches! Anyone with an e46 will tell you the rear arches are a pain in the ass, they were a complete nightmare but i managed to get them completely flat which isnt easy!
    But that didnt come without sacrifice as anyone whos seen the car in person will know the arches arent perfect. Hopefully the photos will show this well enough for you to see.
    However any cracked paint was rubbed back and painted to keep them sealed. I think they look fine, some people cry about them haha.

Interior:
    I managed to source an Alcantara Sports interior for a 4 door that wasnt hanging and ripped, it took some time but i finally found some!
    Thats not to say its perfect though, there are two small holes on the side of the drivers bolster, but these are less than 3mm long. However everything else is spot on, everything works fine with no parts missing and no rips/tears
    Alcantara gear knob and handbrake gaiters.
    Momo 280mm steering wheel with fully working horn
    It was specced from factory to have the full black headlining and pillars which is pretty awesome as even most M3s come with the horrible pale grey one!
    And itts never been smoked it as far as im aware

Sound:
    Pioneer headunit with hidden ipod attachment [ipod sits under the arm rest in a closed pocket]
    The speakers etc are all factory

Extra Info:
    The car received a lot of attention this year, with various sites/blogs posting about it, One of which was a full feature from Motor Maverns back in April after i fitted the Gottis which can be found here: http://www.motormavens.com/2011/05/c...w-e46-on-bags/
    Its appeared on Stanceworks, Speed Hunters and there are talks with Just Stance about an online feature too.
    Since Feb this year to October now its appeared in a either PBMW, PVW or Fastcar at least once a month in show reports bar 2 months
    Yesterday [Sunday 9th] It was also included in a group photoshoot with 3 other BMWs for PBMW Magazine for a 9 page feature about stance and fitment which is due out in December
    The car was awarded best stance at the Autobahn 25 Blitz 2011 show at Ace Cafe in June
    And aslo received the Best Stance award at Players 5.0 Show in September this year.
    So even with the highly discussed rear arches it did well haha

Bad Points:
    The main bad point is the body work in general. There are various bumps, scratches and dents and is far from perfect. When i bought the car last October my intentions were to respray the car no matter what the condition was wether is was dented up or even perfect, it was going to get a full respray. So i used this as a compromise to find a one with a very good service history and good condition engine, and not to be bothered about the paint etc. Obviously this would have been my next stage but as im selling it on i feel this could be the perfect opportunity for someone to put their own stamp on the car and put it into show & shine events.

The air bag light is on from when i changed the steering wheel, im sure a lot of people know this is regular problem with ALL cars when you remove the wheel, even after fitting the supplied resistor! I guess this could be wiped out at BMW or someone with the right software. It was mentioned at the MOT but it wasnt a fail

Apart from that its all pretty good. Ive never had any warning lights come up, Oil and water is always topped up and it runs pretty smooth
    The engine is all completely stock, no induction kit, filters, exhausts etc

Thats a hell of a lot of info! I just wanted to give the full details
    Now for some photos from various stages over the past year

January on the Style 32s a few weeks after getting it back from Havair

then onto the Gottis

A very recent pic from Players 5.0 with Amber fronts

Heres the build thread from edition 38 with a few more photos:

And one from Stanceworks
    Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

Hopefully ive been able to show the details of the car and its past year, but if there are more questions feel free to ask

Price:
    I will be selling the car with the Style 32s, and not the Gottis as im keeping them for my next car, so please remember that!
    As the car stands with the style 32s im asking for £5950
    I will listen to offers so try me if you think the price is too high. I will see how much interest there is then consider a price amendment. Ive already had a bit of light interest but im wanting to see how it goes now its online with an advert

Im based in High Wycombe, Bucks HP14, 25 mins west of central London, just off the M40

Either contact me on here, or on 07989778815

cheers,
    Josh
    Last edited by SceneBM; 10-14-2011, 01:32 PM.
    L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Your selling?
    GLWS!,

what you after next?

Comment

Yeah man i really want to move out with my girlfriend and i would like to take some money of out cars. Im after a honda next, nice and cheap

Comment

good luck with the sale man, really nice motor

Comment

man thats seriously nice. long shot i know but would you ever consider selling the air kit seperate?

Flickr

Comment

Ive decided to amend the price, i originally priced it with opinions from friends and people who know the car but after looking at whats also around, and to move things along a bit im changing it.

The new asking price is £5200 ono
            Feel free to try me with offers, i want to move out soon as possible!

Comment

A couple people have asked for closer shots of my rear arches, so im going to post them here as well
              1st shot, this was taken around May?

2nd shot, this was taken in september at Hellaflush UK, the day before Players. This shot is a good representation, it was after i tidied them up a bit

This driver side is supposedly my worst arch so you get some kind of idea how the other rear arch is

Hope that gives a clearer picture to people who havnt seen the car in person

Comment

Such a awesome Car

shame you are selling it

Comment

Deffo a shame your selling the bimmer but looking forward to the honda

will have to sort a meet out before next show season

Comment

Working...
                  X