Adapters + spacers. Bad idea??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adapters + spacers. Bad idea??

ok so i have the adapters for my fittis right.
    theyre 33mm. but my fronts still rubbed on the strut so i threw a pair of 8mm spacers up there. and i did the same to the rear to even it out.
    is it really that bad to do this.?
    some people are saying it is.
    the adapters are hubcentric to the hub with screw in studs and studs on the outside cause the wheels arent hubcentric. is it ok if i just throw on those spacers.
    theyre like these..
    * Adapter Lug Nuts Included* Price Is For 1 Wheel Spacer* 2 or More save $10.00 per Adapter* All Adapters and Spacers are made to order, 7-10 business days to your door.* Limited Warranty~Non-Returnable

i need yalls opinions.

im thinking about getting 50mm adapters for the rear now.
    -Matt

I would talk to Nic (TheNeek) about this as I believe he is an engineer. There is certainly risk involved.

With that said, would I do it? Probably.

Comment

I dunno man, I sure as hell wouldn't do it ... there's just too much 'stuff' in there that can potentially go wrong. lol

Comment

I ran 20mm spacers(which were essentially adapters) with a 10mm spacer on top for a realy long time. All hub centric. No issues.

33mm + 8mm is a bit much though..

IG: @_olliee

Comment

no way in hell I would be getting in your car at any sort of speed
          Real name is James

Comment

guys in Japan are running 50MM spacers... just fyi.

Comment

yea im gunna order the 50's
              -Matt

Comment

lol thats alot of stress on the lug bolts. id change them out alot to avoid them snapping

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Ive been running an 8mm stacked on 25mm adapters for about 40,000 miles on my daily. The car has been back and forth to Florida several times from NY and everything in between.

Just be sure to use longer bolts and ROkk out.
                  sigpic

Comment

I feel like there is too much to go wrong. I suppose if they are all hub centric and your bolts are long enough it's a bit safer. Hell, I worry about running just adapters.

Comment

i checked em out today and they seem fine.
                      the adapter sits snug on the hub. so it doesnt seem like there would be to much stress on the studs.
                      idk ill keep checking them a day or two lol
                      until i order the new adapters.
                      -Matt

Comment

if theyre hub centric then theres no weight stress on the hub, i think its fine... i wouldnt track it, but its fine

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I run 6.5 mm spacers (non hubcentric) under a 32 mm adapter on my fronts. I ran this same set up on my old e30, and this one has been back and forth from Boston to Chicago 3 times. I think you will be fine.

As long as everything is tightened up run it, until you get enough money to get bigger adapters.

Comment

hey man are you running the spacer on the hub side of the adapter or the wheel side?

i think as long as its on the hub side since its hubcentric you should be fine.

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
                            form>function
                            "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

I'm running spacers on my adapters

Comment

Working...
                              X