New guy with some q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with some q's

Got an 02 Jetta on 18x8 and 18x10 LM's, ET 15 front ET 35 rear, on 225/40 and 265/35... obviously, these tires are way too huge, and what the wheels came with. I was thinking 205/40 and 245/40 Falken 512's. I dont want a massive amount of stretch, I just want to be able to go lower...obviously. (car is on FK coils)

opinions?

I have Nitto Neogens 205/40 on my 17x8 and you could barely tell they were stretched. Im going to buy falken 512's 205/40 when I have the money, they stretch just the right amount. Use tyrestrech.com to find out how they would look like.

-Dan

Comment

I'd do a 205/40 up front and a 225/40 in the rear it'll be perfect stretch and let you sit how you want it to. Make sure they are falken 512s though (this way you'll get maximum stretch). For offsets I'd maybe throw a 3 or 5mm spacer on the rear and you'll get a little poke. The fronts should sit perfectly flush.
      sigpic

Comment

205/40 is pretty small for your ride height. Unless you are planning to lower the car more I think a 215/40 front would be ideal. We do 215/40 on almost every lowered VW including MKIV and MKV in the front.

You could get 225/35 in the rear to keep the same rolling diameter.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Njdub View Post
          I'd do a 205/40 up front and a 225/40 in the rear it'll be perfect stretch and let you sit how you want it to. Make sure they are falken 512s though (this way you'll get maximum stretch). For offsets I'd maybe throw a 3 or 5mm spacer on the rear and you'll get a little poke. The fronts should sit perfectly flush.
          This is what I'd do.

Comment

I can't find 512's in these sizes...

Comment

Originally posted by Njdub View Post
              I'd do a 205/40 up front and a 225/40 in the rear.

I agree

maybe a 35 sidewall in the front if fenders arent rolled

Comment

Working...
              X