4 danes on adventure in aus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 danes on adventure in aus

Hello! Me and 3 friends are going to sydney the 25th of october.
    One will be leaving around christmas, the others will be staying longer.

So naturally I have a lot of questions, but first we need a ride. We're looking at buying something for ~2000 A$ or cheaper. We dont really have any criterias, except it should be able to carry 4 viking sized persons and luggage. Something reliable would of course also be cool, but I don't really know what to look for in Australia. Probably something japanese and boxy, or?

Anyway - we're very into motorsport too, so if you know anything cool happening around sydney or whatever really, we would want to know! Our plan is to travel up the east coast and of course have a look at great barrier reef and such.

and now to the important part. I own an older r33 gts-t skyline back in Denmark, and I'm very curious to find some shops that are selling parts for one. Not that im gonna fill up my backpack with heavy parts, but some of the more funky electronic parts and/or tuning parts are really expensive if I have them shipped from Japan (and the british market is expensive too) so I thought, hey! it must be cheaper in Australia! Or do you get everything shipped from Japan too?

Anyway, if there's something I should know or be aware of, feel free to post! any help will be appreciated. Would love to see some stanced rides too if anyone around Sydney cares to meet up

If your in sydney i suggest you check out WSID (Western SYDNEY International drag way , heres a list of events

fair bit of drifting at eastern creek which is next door , just got to comfirm drifting dates usually friday nights

Might want to look at getting a van of some sort , toyota hiace is a good start reliable plenty of room and cheap on fuel
    Last edited by KEBAB_DRIFTER; 10-05-2011, 04:40 AM.

Comment

get a hiace and then do a road trip to melbourne (9 hour drive) and meet most of the s/w oz guys. =]

Comment

thanks, think were gonna have a look at them..

but concerning cars: is it not possible to buy some "old" v8 'ish thing with big seats and sloppy steering? I don't know the english word for it, but I hope you get what i mean.

and how are the gas prices? We're used to ~2 $ per litre in Denmark atm, so it cannot possibly be that bad..

and yes, it would be cool to meet up in Melbourne with you stance guys! I'll write once we land and know what's going on etc.

anyone else going to Shore Thing at bondi beach new years eve?

Comment

buy a r31 skyline or a cressida

Comment

Working...
          X