Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S|W Audio heads!!

Yo fellas
    Time for me to work on my sound system set up. At the moment looking to replace my rear, front and tweeters but need help choosing an appropriate brand. (Boot sub set up will come after accordingly)

Atm got my eyes on hertz HCX690 3 way speakers for the rear. But the price tag at like close to 400 is a bit hefty. Any other suggestions for a 3 way speakers? Thinking not top of the range, but just under.

Next on the agenda, front speakers. Taking suggestions for that too.

Btw planning to power these bad boys with;
    Rockford fosgate P400-4 amp

let me know fellas

#audio n0ob
    Last edited by private_numero; 10-04-2011, 10:37 PM.

Focal Polyglass series will do you fine.
    I have genuine pre-2009 MB Quartz which are now Maestro if u still want the quality made ones, or else anything after 2009 by MB Quartz is fail bad reps.

The P400-4 is the same amp i use and tha;ll be sufficient for your speakers. You dont need to go hard out on the rear speakers bcoz its just rear fill, You said your gettin subs soon. The subs will be more noticable than the rear speakers for whoever sits in the back. Yeah count that in to, its about how often and how nice u wanna be for the ppl sitting in the back. Dont get me wrong, 3 way are nice and all, but once u have the sub in there, you wont really notice your 6x9 doin much....well i dont, never have, i just got 6x9s bcoz i wanted to buy something for the car one weekend.
    Focal Polyglass 690CVX are RRP $350, would be less in shops too.

Focal Polyglass, 167VR or 165VRS anyone for the fronts. U want good ones, coz all the time when u listening to music your the one in the front seat and the music plays towards you. So very good splits is a must along with feedin it plenty of power from the amp.

Focus on the front splits and the amp first Coz those are the important thing that u want first with quality and power, then worry about the rear speakers once u got the front covered. Coz like i said, when u driving, your not sitting in the back seat , your at the front.
    S I N G L E | W O R K S - Loneliness is a Lifestyle

Comment

Jbl gto938

Comment

Whatever tranz says...
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

i like music

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
            Whatever tranz says...
            +1

Comment

make sure you get one that goes doof doof
              Originally posted by Smeeeb
              Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by x10hz View Post
                +1
                +2, tranz and his taylor swift =P
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by namtaro View Post
                  +2, tranz and his taylor swift =P
                  HAHA nam you beat me to the taylor swift comment =D

But yep, his Taylor swift and the like give the audio a good workout, +1 for TRaNz' suggestions

I wouldn't know much about audio... not even running front speakers hahah

Comment

in the aristo i got pioneer 4x 6" speakers, 1 x 12" type R sub, 1 x 1000wat alpine mono block.
                    in the supra i got 4 x 4" mb quart splits and thats it so far. $750 on 4" speakers......what a joke

Comment

Where can you get focals?

Comment

im with tranz.... or run some german maestros front and back. there 5inch coaxiels for rears and 5inch split with box for fronts. killer sound for round 350-400 or if u want to b full boss get focals bro. running them and would fully recommend them. also make sure u get a killer amp with enough power cause u dont want ur speaker to run dry cause they wont perform. alpine pdx 1.1000 is small and major bang for buck.

u can get focals from Freeway audio out in dande or malvern. guys in dande know there shit.

Comment

Good info there
                          Tranz! Cbf writing out questions here on my phone but I'll do it later

Was it you Peter that has a hook up down dande way?

Comment

yeah man. know the guys at freeway audio. they got all the good shit from focal to alpine n rockford fosgate. let me know n ill shoot u steves deets

Comment

dooffff doooof...
                              [QUOTE=Oxer;1593769]I Love VW's[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                              X