Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the legend of one low cobalt

here's the story:
    rides like ass, not enough income, a little bit of elbow grease and a whole lotta love for being low.

needs: real coilovers
    lower offset
    a mild stretch
    camber shims

expected to be done when money starts growing on trees. hope ya like!
    Last edited by ff_drift_lol; 06-22-2011, 06:34 AM.

awesome!!what ride is it?

Comment

Are you on cut springs?

Comment

yes, until I can afford coilovers. I am still skeptical about buying them because it seems no one can get past a 3.5 inch drop. if that's the case I will have to just start chopping shit again and I don't want that.
        painted the fart can high temp matte black today. still needs to be tucked back more.

(car is jacked up in the front it tucks way more when on the ground.)

Comment

Not a big fan of Cobalts, but that has potential. I never really thought of one slammed on decent wheels.

Comment

no one really has, and that's why I'm going for it! I am very limited to low offset wheels with the 5x110 hub. What's the silliest offset you think I can get? I found wheels with a +5mm that are pretty affordable they're quite the dishes and 8 wide so I'd have some room to stretch. my stock offset is 42mm, am I looking at mandatory fender pulling for a 5mm wheel?

Comment

Definitely try and find something wider than 8".

Comment

Originally posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
                no one really has, and that's why I'm going for it! I am very limited to low offset wheels with the 5x110 hub. What's the silliest offset you think I can get? I found wheels with a +5mm that are pretty affordable they're quite the dishes and 8 wide so I'd have some room to stretch. my stock offset is 42mm, am I looking at mandatory fender pulling for a 5mm wheel?
                Yes, that is a very big difference. Picture where your wheel where it's at now at +42, then picture it moved 37mm towards the outside of the car. Hope that can give you an idea. (25.4mm = 2.54cm = 1 inch, keep in mind)

That is a Saab (maybe Volvo too?) bolt pattern if I'm not mistaken. Maybe try looking for wheels that will fit Saabs, might open up some more options.
                Last edited by Zack01GC; 11-16-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

yes, the whole car is a saab with a j-body style slapped on the drivetrain/subframe. it even says so on the cylinder head. the 900 owners with this bolt pattern as far as I know have resorted to adapters which are usually at least a 15mm negative offset. I would like a deep dish or even something like work emotions to really poke and finish the look. anyone know about custom drilling? I would imagine a hub adapter (to make up for hub diameter) or even honing the inner hub of the wheel is not impossible either.

the front is maxed! rubbing bad! if i lower the rear it'll just look stupid. I am on 18's...anyone got some euro informationz?
                  Last edited by ff_drift_lol; 11-17-2009, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Damn man, kinda digging the stockers in that color. Definitely interested to see this done right.

Comment

a few new pictures for the kids

hope ya like!

Comment

i have a soft spot for cut springs
                        http://www.flickr.com/r_sotelo

Comment

if you went back to polish on the wheels it would look gooder!
                          Its all about
                          "Fit&Finish..."

Originally posted by HooWybrow
                          I gotta say, I saw this car, and got a boner.

And, no, it wasn't just the pleat in the pants. It was a full fledged man-love-car boner.

Comment

hit up some ksports, im dropped almost 4 inches on them and still have room. btw, thats a dumped cobalt!

Comment

my cut springs have a soft spot for bumps lol!
                              k-sports will drop me to the height I need, but megan racing (BC coilovers) makes different length springs for different drops and I would rather go that route. Plus the megans are 32 way and only 900 dollars!

Comment

Working...
                              X