Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Work Outs what it is..bmw e36 touring question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Work Outs what it is..bmw e36 touring question.

First of il start by saying hi, this is my 36

Now heres the random Problem that i cant figure out what it is. il try and explain this the best i can.

i have a vibration coming from the footwell of the car it can be felt on the drivers side and the passenger side, it only does it when traveling around 5mph and it doesnt stop unless i go over 5mph or if i come to a stop.for instance if i creep at 5mph it wont stop vibrating! its like someone has put there phone on vibrate and stuck it to the footwell! also im not sure if these things are connected, but i think when its doing this the mpg reader on the dash goes weird lol

sorry if i havnt explained this very well, any help to what it might be is much appreated.

cheers

Start with checking the guibo and center support bearing, those are the usual vibrating suspects. Take a look at the motor mounts/tranny mounts while you're at it. It should be one of those things, if not report back
    Last edited by Jesus Christ; 09-21-2011, 01:55 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

cheers Jesus, also if its worth saying, u can hear the vibration aswel, when its doing it, it sounds like a fish tank motor lol oh yeah ive gone to a new level of explaing things lol

So to recap, it only does it at 5mph and below, it stops soon as u go over 5mph, and starts soon as u hit 5mph! friggin wild lol and it sounds like a fish tank motor and feels like a phone on vibrate!

Comment

Are you using clutch as creeping or just driving on idle? could be flywheel, have you noticed vibration on neutral on same rpm
        Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
        Now: MB W211 320cdi
        Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

Working...
        X