Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studying Abroad in AUS

How's it going guys?!

Been into cars my whole life and just enjoy the culture completely. Especially the low lifestyle.

I have the option to study abroad next year...one of my options is the University of Wollongong.

While I'm there I'd like to have an apprenticeship/internship with a shop in the area. I'm a graphic design student, but I also really enjoy working with cars and really getting my hands dirty. Welding and metal work especially. Just curious if any of you know what's good with the car culture there. I understand it's pretty close to Sydney.

I hope I can get some killer suggestions from you guys in order to make this the experience of my life.

tstacks out.

Where abouts in Sydney are you mate?
    Originally posted by E36BMW
    You stay classy, Honda Ricers...

Comment

Originally posted by Honda Pie? View Post
      Where abouts in Sydney are you mate?
      No I am not there yet. I am trying to get an idea of what to expect when I go either this summer or fall next year, which might be your spring...i'm not sure. I live on the East Coast USA.

Comment

tstacks: Most of us are from Melbourne, Victoria. I've never been to Wollongong but I've heard it's really nice there. It's got nice beaches and is popular with tourists, I think it's about an hour south of the states capital, Sydney. So yeah, I think it'd be a pretty chilled out spot, not bustling like Melbourne or Sydney, but if you get the urge to go into the city it's not too far away.

What kind of cars are you into?

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post

Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Always play shows at Wollongong uni, that place is crawling with babe-raham lincolns.

Good joint!

Comment

legit lols.

Comment

Originally posted by xpeesx View Post
                Always play shows at Wollongong uni, that place is crawling with babe-raham lincolns.

Good joint!
                HAHA! ME LIKE

tstacks: Most of us are from Melbourne, Victoria. I've never been to Wollongong but I've heard it's really nice there. It's got nice beaches and is popular with tourists, I think it's about an hour south of the states capital, Sydney. So yeah, I think it'd be a pretty chilled out spot, not bustling like Melbourne or Sydney, but if you get the urge to go into the city it's not too far away.

What kind of cars are you into?
                haha seriously just died in class here.

I've got a 95 EG sedan. Gettin ready to see what I can do with 13x9's

Looks like this might be the place I end up going...haven't heard anything bad from you guys or anyone else I've asked.

Comment

fffff-

13x9's?
                  Last edited by Honda Pie?; 09-21-2011, 07:19 PM.
                  Originally posted by E36BMW
                  You stay classy, Honda Ricers...

Comment

Originally posted by Honda Pie? View Post
                    fffff-

13x9's?
                    This is the only place I've posted my plan...SHHH!

Comment

Hey! I'm from Sydney and have been to the University of Wollongong a fair bit cause of my gf.
                      From what I can tell, it's amazing! If you have any particular questions regarding uni and stuff, shoot us a PM and I'll do my best

Comment

Working...
                      X