strech/spacer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strech/spacer question

I just picked up some style 19's for my e36 325is. Two of the wheels have 205/40/17 on them already, but I want more stretch. So should I run 195/45/17 all around or just the front and keep the 205/40 in the back?

If I do 195/45 all around, would 20mm spacers fit in the front and back? I want it to be flush, with a little poke.

-Dan

what brand/model 205/40/17's do you have?

There isn't much selection in the 195/45/17, and most people find that you actually get MORE Stretch from a Falken 512 in 205/40/17 than you will with any of the 195/45/17's that are readily available.

Comment

They're Nitto Neogens.

-Dan

Comment

ZRi or 512 205/40's

8" wheels suck, you'll have a hard time getting good lookin stretch and poke with them

Comment

Yah, from what I've heard they don't stretch so well.

You might want to consider getting falken 512's in 205/40 if you need more stretch.

Comment

Thanks guys, ill go with the 512's. Any idea what size spacers I should get for the front and the back?

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
              You might want to consider getting falken 512's in 205/40 if you need more stretch.
              you're right

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
              8" wheels suck, you'll have a hard time getting good lookin stretch and poke with them
              i don't think so

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wesleygti/

Comment

so whats better the 512 or ZRi's?

Comment

I don't think anything beats the 512's when it comes to stretch. They're borderline magical

Comment

so which one has more grip overall? lol need tires soon, i have fk452 205/40 and its an OK stretch grips good though.

Comment

I don't think anything beats the 512's when it comes to stretch. They're borderline magical
                      Do you have any pics of 512's 205/40 on a 8"?

-Dan

Comment

This is my 512's which are 205/40/16 on 16x8's.

Comment

This is my 512's which are 205/40/16 on 16x8's.

My nitto neogens look like that, but with less gap between the sidewall and lip. Im still debating on where to get new tires all around tho. I already have 2 brand new nittos that are streched on. Plus, im scrapping money as it is with college.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
                            My nitto neogens look like that, but with less gap between the sidewall and lip. Im still debating on where to get new tires all around tho. I already have 2 brand new nittos that are streched on. Plus, im scrapping money as it is with college.
                            The nitto's may be good for you then. I was originally just saying that there are only a few different tires available in 195/45/17 and they all stretch worse than some of the better 205/40/17's.

Comment

Yeah, tires are awhiles away tho, I still need to refinish/paint my style 19s before I completly decide on a tire set up.

Now, what size spacers?

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X