Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Koni Sports vs Bilstein Sports (MKIV GTI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koni Sports vs Bilstein Sports (MKIV GTI)

I have lowering springs I wish I could tell you which ones but they are quite low. I bought the car like this and would like to upgrade because I am currently on stock shock with a very bouncy ride . I know that coils are my best option but I would rather keep my current ride height (which I really love) and get nice ride quality than spend the money on cheap coils and have poor ride quality but adjustability. But while looking at shocks I have come down to two that I would think are my best options, Koni Sports and Bilstein Sports. I was wondering which is the better of the two? I know the koni's are adjustable but I also feel that bilsteins quite high quality as well.

What would you buy?!

Links for reference:

Koni Sports

Bilstein Sports

Thanks for any input in advanced!

You will be happy with either. I have Bilsteins on my MK4 and Will has Konis on his MK4. They both ride really nice.. I know that didn't help your decision at all but I figured I would give my two cents

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Yeahh not so helpful in making a decision but I appreciate the response. But let me ask you this, do you see any benefit from having the adjustability of the Koni's?

Comment

Not really. The Bilstein's are valved really nicely so you would be happy with them right out of the box, but the Konis give you more options with the adjustability. You'll pretty much find one setting and stick with it forever.

Comment

^ and that setting will most likely be comparable to the bilstein dampening.

Comment

Alright awesome thanks thanks!! Think Ill buy myself a nice birthday present haha

Comment

Also kinda disappointed you guys don't sell the bilsteins, Id much rather support you guys than ECS but maybe when I get some real money and can afford air

Comment

We actually do carry Bilstein's! http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...RT-SHOCKS.html

Comment

Hmmm didn't see that, do you have fronts as well?

Comment

No we don't. We only sell rear shocks.

Comment

Working...
                    X