Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bag over strut dilemma - need help asap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag over strut dilemma - need help asap!

hey guys, the flex is in the shop right now getting bagged. here is my issue;
    Installer is uncomfortable letting the bag just sit on the collar. He's afraid its gonna spin, bend the air fitting and f*ck shit up. He wants to use the OEM strut and weld a bracket to it to prevent that.
    Zack at UAS says it won't be a problem. The weight of the car will keep it from spinning.
    Any insight?

Last edited by kiwee; 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM.
    '09 ford flex - bagg'd

tell him to use the spanner wrenches to tighten the collars like he should with a normal spring, and stop being a pussy.

Comment

thanks for the help............
      result;
      '09 ford flex - bagg'd

Comment

I've also been told this? how do you tighten it though because if you go over a bump and 'take off' then the strut is fully exteded making the bag free from movment?

Comment

Originally posted by vside View Post
          I've also been told this? how do you tighten it though because if you go over a bump and 'take off' then the strut is fully exteded making the bag free from movment?
          i thought the same until i was told;
          divide your car weight by 4. that is how much weight is sitting on each bag. it would take a lot to fully unseat a bag for it to rotate around.
          don't worry!
          Last edited by kiwee; 09-28-2011, 06:10 AM.
          '09 ford flex - bagg'd

Comment

Working...
          X