Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBS polished outer lips - where are you suggesting I source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS polished outer lips - where are you suggesting I source?

Gents,

I have a set of 15x6.5" BBS 030 and I am looking to widen them to 7.5" front and 8.0" rear.

My question to the floor is where do you recommend that I look to buy these lips from.

I am wanting to go for polished finish.

Cheers.

blackforest industries? Thats where i was looking for my 17s
    Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

A company in melbourne called whitehorse industries can also make them up, not sure on pricing etc..
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

pricing is around $150ish ea, a bit more if you want them polished (for whitehorse metal spinners)
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Thanks boys, I prefer to buy local if I can and as they are about $150US without shipping I am going to check them out.

Cheers!

Comment

i was quoted $140 each from whitehorse industries, but they outsource polishing extra $30 each to "lee's metal polishing" in bayswater, in addition to that, whitehorse doesnt drill the holes in the lips for you, u gotta find a place to do that.

Turn around time on new lips is around 4weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by x10hz View Post
              i was quoted $140 each from whitehorse industries, but they outsource polishing extra $30 each to "lee's metal polishing" in bayswater, in addition to that, whitehorse doesnt drill the holes in the lips for you, u gotta find a place to do that.

i would just drill the lips myself

line up with the center and clamp in place

once u got like a couple of holes you can remove clamps and use bolts to hold it in place

oh btw, Sem the barrel is back from welding, i'll clean it up a little and you can trial fit them to your wheels

Comment

btw easter wheel works do the drilling as far as i remember

a friend just got quoted around $200ish ea for new lips for bent VS-KFs he bought

which is $160 for 18" lips and then some money for easter wheel works to disassemble wheels, cut up the barrels and re-assemble new lips

Comment

cool cool, not 100% sure ill need the em roman, simply cos my inners arnt an issue, but i shall let u know, i dont get my car back till tuesday anyway

Comment

Originally posted by x10hz View Post

Thanks, this is all very useful.

Comment

no worries

Comment

theres a shita load on ebay. was searching up lips for the pretty much the exact same wheels. bout 170 for 2" lips

Comment

could try these guys too

found them when I was trying to find lips for my rays
                          VW GOLF MK3 VR6 aka the black hole, aka the black death, aka black attack

Comment

Originally posted by blacker View Post
                            Damn they are 40-50 bucks a lip cheaper than I've seen.

Did you buy? If so was it good quality gear?

Comment

Nah I ended up waiting, as I need to do some test fits, but some of the guys on the vw vortex have used them and rated them.
                              VW GOLF MK3 VR6 aka the black hole, aka the black death, aka black attack

Comment

Working...
                              X