starter problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter problem?

i have a 88 civic sedan dx and yesterday i planned on doing a straight pipe from my cat-back but realized that my welder was broken so i decided to just bring my car to a local shop and they brought it out the back with no problem... however, this morning i went to start the car and it was turning over very slowly, so i checked the battery acid and the battery was nearly dead as a door nail. so i went out a bought a new battery, but now, it's not even turning over as if the battery is dead, but my lights and everything else work when the key is turned on. does anyone know what could be the problem? thanks

1) Check fuses
    2) Try using a screwdriver and bridging the contacts on your starter solenoid. Make sure the car is in neutral or park though lol. Don't run yourself over
    StatusRacing.com
    Configure YOUR Seat Here
    Tel: 1.480.265.8600
    Email: sales@statusracing.com
    Fan us on Facebook

Comment

the fuses are okay .. and the contacts of the starter solenoid seem okay. i'm thinking making the solenoid just went bad. when i turn the key i do hear a click, just one click.. then nothing else.

Comment

Auto or manual? If auto can be your neutral switch.

Best thing to do is check power at the starter motor. The main terminal you should get battery power, the other one you should get battery power when the ignition is on. Hope that helps

Also immobilised?

Comment

got it all fixed... took out the start and it was fried so i just finished putting in a new starter, its all good now. thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X