Yokohama S.Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yokohama S.Drive

Anyone have any experience running these? I'm looking at a set of 195/40/17's. How wide do they run? Any good for stretching?

I think they stretch nicely.
    I've been running 195/45/16 on 9" wides....no issues.

not sure about 17s.

Comment

Looks good! What are your thoughts on how wide they run? My wheels are only 7.5's so I'm looking for a pretty skinny tire.

Comment

I took a look at their size sheet and it seems the smallest size is a 195/40. I don't think that will give you much of a stretched look.

here's the spec sheet.

Find the perfect tire for you. Yokohama Tire offers the ultimate in performance from all-terrain off-road tires, to high-performance track tires, to maximum reliability with our all-season tires. Find automotive tires and tire dealers near you.

Comment

Yeah I know I can't find any 185/17's though and these are 1 of 3 195/40's that I could find.

7.5's suck lol

Comment

Nankang makes a 185/35 which would make for good stretch on a 7.5. I've never used them so not sure about quality.
            Gotta be low to make these work too.

here's a 185/35 on 7.5

Last edited by the dingo; 11-09-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Haha yeah, those would make my car have 1/4" of ground clearance.

Thanks for looking around for me though

Comment

i heard that Nankang quit production on these for some reason... not popular enough?

Comment

Id say with that much stretch on a 185 youd get a little sidewall slant with a 195... Just tuck rim and you wont need much stretch

Flickr

Comment

Close lol

Comment

Alright I searched around a bit more and see that the S.Drive's run wide, so I guess those are out of the picture.

I looked around some more and noticed that 205/40 has way more tire selections than the 195/40's. I see some Nitto NeoGen ZR's, some Falken ZE-512's and some ZE-912's, and I'm pretty sure I've read that all 3 of these run pretty narrow.

Which of those would you guys recommend?

Comment

S-Drives run big. a 205/40 is like a 225/40 in other tires.

Comment

before I switched to the s-drives I had falken 512s and really liked how they stretched. They also seemed quieter than the s-drives. Several of my friends in the scion community also run them in various sizes and stretches with nice results.

I think the 912s are a little meatier than the 512s so I've always stayed away from them. Not sure about the nittos though.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                            S-Drives run big. a 205/40 is like a 225/40 in other tires.
                            Yeah that sucks because they were one of the few 195/40's out there.

Which of those last 3 do you like?
                            Originally posted by the dingo View Post
                            before I switched to the s-drives I had falken 512s and really liked how they stretched. They also seemed quieter than the s-drives. Several of my friends in the scion community also run them in various sizes and stretches with nice results.

I think the 912s are a little meatier than the 512s so I've always stayed away from them. Not sure about the nittos though.
                            Thats good to hear, I was leaning towards the 512's anyways just because of the price
                            Last edited by Byron; 11-09-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Everybody I know swears by 512's for stretching.

Also damn you and your lower rear arches!
                              ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
                              Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

Working...
                              X