My first portrait work ever. C and C please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first portrait work ever. C and C please

My friend Jeff was all dolled up for the Marine ball and banquet tonight and his wife corralled me to take some photos of him. I did not choose the location, although it is working for me pretty well on these shots. Please ask any questions if you have them and please help me if you see any areas that could use improvement.

Looks great to me Casey

Comment

The last one would be obnoxius in anything but that outfit. Awesome

The 3rd kinda looks like a myspace angle.. But whatever, its obviously not.

I like them.

Flickr

Comment

That last shot...

Comment

direct flash?
          skin is too shiny
          not a fan of the light spill on the background creating things for me to look at other than the subject
          Disclaimer:
          I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Not bad. Hats blown out which I understand. white fabric+flash=

Comment

Originally posted by yokotas13 View Post
              direct flash?
              skin is too shiny
              not a fan of the light spill on the background creating things for me to look at other than the subject
              The strobes weren't direct, they were facing away from the subject and reflective umbrellas were used. I may have had the strobes a bit to close to subject, but when I pulled them away, I had significantly more spill and when I toned them down I was underexposing. I think a barn door may have helped but this was very spur of the moment.

Comment

yeah, actual exposure and coverage is great, just try and control the spill next time. softboxes are the way to go, i never use umbrellas anymore. beauty dishes and softboxes
                Disclaimer:
                I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Looks pretty good man. I'd be happy if I were him.

Comment

needs more bokeh
                    Ryan | flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Gottalovethexi View Post
                      needs more bokeh
                      i agree, unless there is somthing significant about the building behind him

Comment

Working...
                      X