Invader Z4M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader Z4M

Thankfully Eric’s Z4M exhaust is finished — we’re pretty much out of Z-related titles for the blog posts.

Over the weekend, the custom exhaust fairy came through Fluid MotorUnion once again, bringing an exhaust that’s subtle and aggressive, both in terms of aesthetics and sound. The last thing being finished on Thursday afternoon were the exhaust tips:

From there, more fitment finalization (mostly hangers/brackets) was needed with the tips attached to the car, giving us a sneak peek at what’s to come:

From there, the tips were connected to the mufflers with the final welds, and the brackets were put into place as well. It’s all coming together…

All that we needed was one final test fit…

And voila! One complete Z4M exhaust. We’re no stranger to the S54, so once we fired the engine up, we knew there weren’t any additional adjustments or changes necessary — it achieved exactly what we set out to achieve.

It’s going to contribute to the definite sleeper status of the car, and we can’t wait to get some video once it’s hopping onto the dyno. Before that, though, one big and complicated (complicated looking, at least) piece is remaining, currently on the mill being finalized as we speak. Just wait until you see Smurf Pants.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

hands down the best workmanship ive ever seen in any exhaust anywhere anyday
    Raw Spec

Comment

wow the z4m is very limited on exhaust setups and this is by far the best one ive seen! Time to ditch those winter tires

Comment

Originally posted by 32styledTI View Post
        hands down the best workmanship ive ever seen in any exhaust anywhere anyday
        Thanks! We've had somebody else tell us this is his favorite exhaust we've made, as well. It was a quick one, coming together in about 4 days.

Originally posted by mrdomo View Post
        wow the z4m is very limited on exhaust setups and this is by far the best one ive seen! Time to ditch those winter tires
        It is quite limited; there's not a whole lot of space to work with, and we removed even more of that usable space by upgrading to a larger rear sway (Ground Control) and larger lower control arm setup (FMU custom). The clearances in there are tight, but nothing makes contact.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

so you're coming to CT to build my exhaust when I go LSX right?
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

I cant wait to hear this in a video, Do you think youll be posting one?
            Raw Spec

Comment

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
              so you're coming to CT to build my exhaust when I go LSX right?
              We'll do it... for twenty billion dollars. Australian.

Originally posted by 32styledTI View Post
              I cant wait to hear this in a video, Do you think youll be posting one?
              Definitely. Videos shall surface, as soon as this puppy lands on the dyno.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                We'll do it... for twenty billion dollars. Australian.

Definitely. Videos shall surface, as soon as this puppy lands on the dyno.

I'll give you 1 million dollars, monopoly
                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                  I'll give you 1 million dollars, monopoly
                  I see your counter-offer, and will counter that counter with 18 billion.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                  www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                  X