Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else have bags that are close to the exhaust piping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else have bags that are close to the exhaust piping?

Anyways. I have about half an inch between the exhaust piping. I don't think there is anyway to avoid it since their is only one way to install it. Has anybody put any thought about this? I've thought of maybe putting heat wrap around the exhaust piping, but don't know if its worth the hassle. I guess I'm just more concern about the heat near the bags.

any advice?

Hm. I just checked the MK4 Jetta we have in the shop right now and aired out it has about a 1/4" of clearance but at driving height, it's closer to an inch. You should be okay but Air Lift does recommend having the bags about 6" from the exhaust.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Actually, the bags on the Jetta are close to the muffler which doesn't get too hot. What are your bags near and is that area hot?

Comment

I'm not sure if the area is hot. The area is pretty much cram together. you have axle back exhaust piping about a half inch of space between the rear passenger bag and heat shield to the left of the exhaust piping that is there stock. I'm sure it is cool and breezing in the area while driving, but i know the piping gets hot enough that it possibly could cause some wear down the road.

Comment

If it's in a cool area, you shouldn't have any problems

Comment

Mine was close but I just used some exhaust wrap.

Comment

Like a Saturday night, when in doubt, WRAP IT UP!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd wrap the exhaust and build a heat shield, but I'm a little over-cautious.
                StatusRacing.com
                Configure YOUR Seat Here
                Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                Email: sales@statusracing.com
                Fan us on Facebook

Comment

my drivers side rear bag is very close to the muffler (also a mkiv). i've need thinking of going to an aftermarket exhaust to gain a little more clearance, however after well over a year of being bagged i'm realy not too concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntimeDesigns View Post
                    Like a Saturday night, when in doubt, WRAP IT UP!!!!!!!

Comment

Mine was really close, and I actually burned a hole in the line a while back. I tied a piece of garden hose around the line. Works great!!

Comment

So far so good, exhaust wrapping sounds like it will be the plan. Garden hose sounds like a great idea for the line.

Comment

Working...
                        X