SF Bay Area road hazard thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Bay Area road hazard thread

K thought this would be a handy thing to have after my commute to school this morning. Post the following:

A) North, South, East, Or Peninsula
    B) Specific location
    C) What's the hazard
    D) Rate it 1-10 (1 being a big pothole in one lane, 10 being a bottomless pit spanning across all lanes)

I figure this would be a good thing to check before driving around the bay. Try and keep it to big things (freeways etc) and not a small pothole behind safeway where the trucks park

We can also post big road works in here that may cause damage due to debris / freeway inconsistencies

I'll start

A) East Bay

B) I-680 South in between Sunol and Fremont right before the Sunol Grade

C) 4 (or so) very large step ups and downs in the freeway due to recent roadworks.

The traffic wasn't going very fast and I scraped frame a couple of times. It's not just an issue for lowered cars, I saw people in stock bimmers and such freaking out and slamming on the brakes. Not a fun time at all.

D) 6

if its the same kind of steps that were there before i would rate it higher than a 6.

it took out my coilovers

Comment

A) East Bay
      B) I-80 From Vallejo To Vacaville
      C) As you man know they are fixing 80 anywhere from vallejo to vacaville is under construction.
      D) Total From the worse to least I would rate is from 2-4. It was way worse in the begining but the construction seems to me almost complete in this section.

Comment

Originally posted by bjh102 View Post
        if its the same kind of steps that were there before i would rate it higher than a 6.

it took out my coilovers
        different spot I think, but similar kind of steps. Just more of them ups and downs

wasn't yours closer to SJ?

Originally posted by Leftcoaststeez View Post
        A) East Bay
        C) As you man know they are fixing 80 anywhere from vallejo to vacaville is under construction.
        D) Total From the worse to least I would rate is from 2-4. It was way worse in the begining but the construction seems to me almost complete in this section.
        good to know

Comment

Originally posted by Leftcoaststeez View Post
          A) East Bay
          yeah this is almost done now. still a few spots i scrape on but nothing too bad anymore.

Originally posted by riffman12 View Post
          different spot I think, but similar kind of steps. Just more of them ups and downs

wasn't yours closer to SJ?
          those ones sucked. i just know it was in fremont around that area.

Comment

Working...
          X