shock/springs to bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shock/springs to bags

looking for some advice on converting my separate shock/spring setup to bags. I have done some research and I know that I am going to have to make a custom bracket, as there is no setup for my car. I also know that I just need to replace the springs with bags.

How many valves do I need? One for each separate corner?

Also I am afraid of spending all this cash and having a ride that is too soft. How can I prevent this?

thanks in advance

What kind of car do you have? If you don't want the car to get 'wishywashy' in the corners, you will need to go with an 8 valve setup. In a 4 valve setup, the front two bags will run off of the same valves while the rear two bags will run off of the other two valves. In corners, air can flow from one bag to the other giving you body roll. 8 valves mean that each bag will work independently and air wont transfer to the other side of the car which will give you a nice ride.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
      What kind of car do you have? If you don't want the car to get 'wishywashy' in the corners, you will need to go with an 8 valve setup. In a 4 valve setup, the front two bags will run off of the same valves while the rear two bags will run off of the other two valves. In corners, air can flow from one bag to the other giving you body roll. 8 valves mean that each bag will work independently and air wont transfer to the other side of the car which will give you a nice ride.
      Ok thanks, that is a BIG help. The car is a 1993 Saab 900.

onverted to run Trionic 5

best shot I have right now:

Here is my other car that has static drop.

There also seems to be a whole bunch of different types of bags out there: sleeved, single/double/triple convolute, rolling lobe...etc.

Are there advantages and disadvantages to each or are they used for more specific applications?

Lastly, what is the advantage of a running two compressors instead of one? Backup? or does it just deal with how heavy the car is?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnytruant View Post
        There also seems to be a whole bunch of different types of bags out there: sleeved, single/double/triple convolute, rolling lobe...etc.

Are there advantages and disadvantages to each or are they used for more specific applications?

Lastly, what is the advantage of a running two compressors instead of one? Backup? or does it just deal with how heavy the car is?
        Yeah there are a ton of universal bags out there but it really depends on the setup they're going on. I would suggest going with Slam Specialties RE-5's or 6's (depending on how much clearance you have). A lot of guys like to run the Universal Air Air House II's because they go a bit lower than most universal bags but depending on how you make your mounts you may run into rubbing issues because the bag sort of folds over the mounting plates. The RE-5's and 6's don't fold into themselves so that might be the safer way to go.

When it comes to the amount of compressors, it really only has to do with fill times. If you run dual compressors, your fill times will almost be split in half but it isn't necessary. It pretty much depends on how long you want to hear your compressors running, but you will definitely be fine with one compressor and a 5 gallon tank.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Im commenting in this partly to be subscribed and cause Im stoked to see another Saab 900 bagged!! I wanna say greyspg on the regular Saab forums bagged his SPG, you might want to talk to him about bag mounts.
          Originally posted by JC.
          'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
            Yeah there are a ton of universal bags out there but it really depends on the setup they're going on. I would suggest going with Slam Specialties RE-5's or 6's (depending on how much clearance you have). A lot of guys like to run the Universal Air Air House II's because they go a bit lower than most universal bags but depending on how you make your mounts you may run into rubbing issues because the bag sort of folds over the mounting plates. The RE-5's and 6's don't fold into themselves so that might be the safer way to go.

When it comes to the amount of compressors, it really only has to do with fill times. If you run dual compressors, your fill times will almost be split in half but it isn't necessary. It pretty much depends on how long you want to hear your compressors running, but you will definitely be fine with one compressor and a 5 gallon tank.
            thanks for the tips, I will keep all this in mind as I do some more research.

and soab yea I am pretty pumped to do this going to be a little while though.

Comment

Working...
            X