Exhausted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhausted

After plenty of tiring days working on precise fitment, we’re excited to finally post up pictures of Matt’s C63’s midsection and header installation!

Matt’s C63 rolled into the shop last week for the previously mentioned headers and midsection, along with a custom ECU tune and some phenolic intake manifold spacers. The spacers were an easy installation, so we moved on to the exhaust work. Now, his car arrived here with an Akrapovic titanium slip-on rear section, and it sounded good, but the cats and OEM log-type manifold were keeping this car from reaching its true potential. Just look at how unexciting this OEM midsection is:

Snooze City, right?! Well, we changed that right quick, after we removed some tightly-placed header bolts in 90+ degree heat.

Hot indeed. But what’s even hotter than the outdoor ambient temperature is the look of the new exhaust pieces. As always, the welds are first-class and fitment was exceptional. The midsection is very similar in design to, say, the one we did for George’s car (as the ‘10 models and up have that new cross-member under the body), but at first glance you’ll notice it’s a bit shorter:

Well, that’s because we had to chop off the ends to make room for these bad boys:

Yep, you guessed correctly, those are our Fluid MotorUnion custom long-tube headers. Starting from a design we’ve had in the works for a while now, these headers carry on that design, albeit with some differences to account for clearance changes between the ‘09-and-prior and ‘10-and-up models, both at the engine and at the other end, where it clamps to the midsection.

Everything’s bolted in and working great right now, as we’re doing double-triple-and-quadruple checks to ensure proper fitment and absolutely no touching of any other part of the car. Even more amazing than the fitment is the sound; it helps the C63 sound like it should, like a true V8-packing performance sedan. Since we don’t have any video compiled and ready for release just yet, let’s stall those wishes with some pictures of our welds!

And here’s two quick shots of the headers and midsection all bolted in and connected up!

We’ll get video before the C63 departs on Friday! Until then, keep hanging around; we don’t mind one bit!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Oh lord...
    ///M 2.0
    G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
      Oh lord...
      I'll interpret this in a good way!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

I fapcoma'd my pants. Get ready, Ill be doing it in perso very soon
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

friday friday

Gotta get down on Friday
          Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the video
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
            friday friday

Gotta get down on Friday
            Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the video
            Friday Friday
            I'll be at Lollapalooza*
            Everybody's lookin' forward to the Thursday, Thursday.

*Provided Marilynn gives the ok on a personal day for Friday.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Beautiful work! You guys always do top notch work over there, keep it up!
              StatusRacing.com
              Configure YOUR Seat Here
              Tel: 1.480.265.8600
              Email: sales@statusracing.com
              Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
                Beautiful work! You guys always do top notch work over there, keep it up!
                Thanks! We were gonna take a page from Status' book and make the exhaust out of ostrich leather, but our headers kept melting. More math on the heat retention properties of ostrich are needed.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                X