Collecting the BM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting the BM

Heres what I thought about doing. I need to collect it but its about 2hrs from me and it has a running issue, instead of forking out arranging a flatbed or a car trailer, I thought about using the AA. I have 'relay' cover with them which means I can ask them to take me anywhere in the UK whereever i might be at the time, in this case it will just be back home so I can fix the issue with the car. The car is MOT'd till next April 2012 but has no TAX. I thought about driving the car down the road from where it currently is, conk out (it needs a new crank case breather valve as its burning alot of oil) and call the AA to take me home. But having no TAX, is that going to void it anyway? Will they check as in just look at the disk or run a check through there 'system'? Or has anybody done this kinda thing before?

And yes im a stindgey git
    -SW|UK-
    Education - Knowledge - Power
    insta: @stinkinrich

Not done it myself but they'll just assume you haven't got tax coz you're a, as stated, stingy git. lol
    Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
    Internet high five for you.

Comment

try it, you'll loose nothing.
      you might even gain something - a criminal record.
      Build Thread:Bagged Integra Type R DC2.

Comment

I sold my van to a guy from Amsterdam with no tax / mot, he came and got it after I said it had no brakes from sitting so long and it's running rough, drove it 30mile down the road, broke down and called me. Since I'm such a nice fucker I drove down and bled the injectors for him and off he went. An hour or two later and almost to fucking Dover the cunt rings again so I called my AA and went and got shit sorted. They didn't even ask why I wasn't in the car driving...

Comment

I was told by the RAC they will not tow your car on the road with out tax not sure about AA tho?
          Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Originally posted by ajk View Post
            try it, you'll loose nothing.
            you might even gain something - a criminal record.
            yh ok then

Originally posted by slimadi View Post
            I was told by the RAC they will not tow your car on the road with out tax not sure about AA tho?
            The car will be on a flatbed so the wheels arent on road. Plus its an auto so cant tow it.

I genuinely had to call out the AA yesterday cus of the piece of shit renault im driving at the moment. They took the reg number over the phone, maybe to confirm what car it was? And the mechanic who turned up just took my membership number and didnt check anything else..
            Last edited by stinkinrich; 08-01-2011, 03:45 AM.
            -SW|UK-
            Education - Knowledge - Power
            insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Working...
            X