Air or Static?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air or Static?

I need some help here deciding if I want to fork out the money to go air or just go the cheap route and get coils and slam it on its nuts? I will be running 18x9.5 wheels all around with 215/35/18 tires. What do you guys say?

Here is a pic of the car as of right now.

And a pic of the height I want to be at.

And a tiny bit more poke then this.

TIA guys!
    Last edited by dumpedb5; 07-28-2011, 10:17 PM.

air will be infinitely more comfortable.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Air is the only way you will be able to do that, and still have an oil pan.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

on this car id say V-Maxx coilovers, go very low, and are all around pretty good for the price. Dubmd's b5 s4 is on them and it looks amazing with the stance he has going.

With the extra money you would of used on air would also be enough to do whatever else you want... Such as K04's

Comment

It depends on what's more important to you. Some guys take a lot of pride in being stupid low without air, and I have a lot of respect for those dudes that pull it off. If you want to worry less about destroying an oil pain, getting stuck, not being able to get to Taco Bell, etc... Then go air. If you can live with the hassles and want to be able to say you're a complete savage, then go with coils.

Going as low as the orange car is going to be VERY difficult with coilovers, though.
          StatusRacing.com
          Configure YOUR Seat Here
          Tel: 1.480.265.8600
          Email: sales@statusracing.com
          Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Masonbarnard View Post
            on this car id say V-Maxx coilovers, go very low, and are all around pretty good for the price. Dubmd's b5 s4 is on them and it looks amazing with the stance he has going.

With the extra money you would of used on air would also be enough to do whatever else you want... Such as K04's
            How about no. I drove that car, it rode like absolute dick, the spring rates sucked, ask him how many oil pans he went through as well.

Recommending VMAXX is like recommending you have sex with someone you know has AIDS, sure you enjoy at the time, but you're coming out with AIDS.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Haha Thanks for the help guys! I think I am going to stick with the air route!

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
                Going as low as the orange car is going to be VERY difficult with coilovers, though.
                Yeah I know, That is a PS of my car. It looks orange because of a shitty camera lol.

Comment

Im running the same sizes you mention (9,5x18" ET30 - 215/35-18 all round) on my B5. My KW v2 is bottomed out in the back and I've got 1cm left in front...

If you're planning 35 profile tyre with some low to it, well, the B5 will be just silly low under. Mines almost undrivable at norwegian roads...

If you ask me, static ftw!
                  Handles alot better, feels much firmer, but the downside is that you cant drive eeeeverywhere.

And yes, I use mine daily.
                  “Id rather see my sister in a whorehouse than my brother on a Jap bike”

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Mauve View Post

Im running the same sizes you mention (9,5x18" ET30 - 215/35-18 all round) on my B5. My KW v2 is bottomed out in the back and I've got 1cm left in front...

If you're planning 35 profile tyre with some low to it, well, the B5 will be just silly low under. Mines almost undrivable at norwegian roads...

If you ask me, static ftw!
                    Handles alot better, feels much firmer, but the downside is that you cant drive eeeeverywhere.

And yes, I use mine daily.
                    Could I please see more pics of your car Also a better pic of the tyre stretch if possible?

Comment

Originally posted by dumpedb5 View Post
                      Could I please see more pics of your car Also a better pic of the tyre stretch if possible?
                      Sure, will do asap after work today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Mauve View Post
                        Sure, will do asap after work today.
                        Thanks so much man!

Comment

you can't be as low as the first picture and poke as much as the second at the same time.
                          you would ruin your fenders and lips in a heartbeat

Comment

Sorry, forgot all about this thread after work :p
                            Haven´t got the time for a full photoshoot, only snapshots to this time.

1cm left on the coilovers in front, bottomed out in back.
                            KW V2 both in front and back - 9,5x18" ET30 with Nankang NS2 215-35/18

Comment

If you do decide to go the air route, Air Lift is supposed to release their B5 struts by the end of the month and we'll be doing a group buy on them so let me know if you're interested!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
                              X