Coat Of Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coat Of Arms

Today, for your Thursday viewing pleasure, we return to Eric’s Z4M. Today’s workout is going to focus on the arms.

Apparently, there are some fitment issues surrounding the use of KW coilovers in conjunction with Ground Control sway bars. Specifically, the tendency for the endlinks to be too long, resulting in a not-so-good place for the sway bar end to rest. Namely, the top of the control arm:

As this is an undesired trait, we decided that a remedy was necessary. There wasn’t actually much deciding…it didn’t work, and we needed to make it work. So we put the fabrication shop to work. A few cuts and welds later, new endlinks!

And how do they fit? The best possible description comes from the greatest policeman of our time, Ace Ventura: Like a glove.

Next, we had to do a little bit of rear arm adjustment. The custom rear control arms we made for Eric’s Z4M were also coming into contact with the sway bar (except, obviously, it’s the rear bar this time), so we fashioned a quick fix that would have to result in a little bit of arm modification. Thankfully, it was a real minor alteration, so there’s no compromise in the overall structural soundness of the new control arm.

Now that that’s out the way, it’s time to address the filter placement. In order to make sure air is being channeled directly where it needs to go, we’ve come up with a design that will not only function great, but look epic in the process. It will be, by far, the most complicated thing we’ve cranked out on the mill thus far. Get ready for some Smurf Pants, everybody.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

you guys are some inspirational mother fuckers.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

You guys have the best job in the world, I'd love to be able to do that shit all day. Are those snow tyres?
      Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
      Internet high five for you.

Comment

I like dis
        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
          I like dis
          I like you.

Originally posted by nellydragracer View Post
          You guys have the best job in the world, I'd love to be able to do that shit all day. Are those snow tyres?
          They are snow tires. His ADV.1s are in safekeeping, and he reclaimed his OEM wheels before he moved to Seattle. So we found the first set of wheels that would fit on the Z4M to move it from service to fabrication - they just happened to have snow tires on 'em.

And thanks I don't even do this shit all day - I just take pictures, make blog posts, and share it with the world.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
          you guys are some inspirational mother fuckers.
          Technically, Jesus, you're inspirational to more people. But if we inspired the person who inspired billions...this would turn into a quote from The Office.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Comment

If I ever win the lottery, I'll have my car shipped to the states so you guys can do anything you can think of to it. Or I'll simply ship you guys over to Germany.

Awesome stuff, once again. I'm loving those rear control arms!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
              If I ever win the lottery, I'll have my car shipped to the states so you guys can do anything you can think of to it. Or I'll simply ship you guys over to Germany.

Awesome stuff, once again. I'm loving those rear control arms!
              Bring me to Germany. I need to get on the Nurburgring before it closes, or goes bankrupt, or whatever. I already missed my chance with Sabine Schmitz

www.fluidmotorunion.com
              www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
              X