Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife/GF/Significant other...do they use your camera??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife/GF/Significant other...do they use your camera??

My wife hounds me now and again to use my camera. She has her own PNS that also takes fantastic photos & video, YET she says 'well, it's OUR(my)camera'. I will not give it up, and she gets pissed. I love her but I need something for me, since 'working on my car' is now a bad-word. Anybody else in the same situation?
    Last edited by Edirty6; 11-04-2009, 01:41 PM.

nah she has her own snap shot....put your foot down let her know you wear the pants she just controls the zipper lol

Comment

^^^^lol

Comment

lol great line imortalsin84.
        i agree with him.
        i dont let anyone use my camera.

Comment

My gf's camera is just as nice as mne

So, no

I get weird about people using my stuff for the most part. People driving my car, using my comp... etc

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post

I get weird about people using my stuff for the most part. People driving my car, using my comp... etc
            Exactly. If I F' it up, then it's on me and I can handle it. I've gotten pretty good at living with my own F' ups. But I get uberpissed at myself when someone else does it to my shit, especially when I let it happen.

Comment

my wife took my dslr over a year ago to check it out and play...about 6 months ago she went official and started her own photography business and is pretty much booked every weekend for the rest of the year...

glad she was a natural with it because i get to use all those nice lenses she needs for her stuff

Comment

I tried to buy a "wife" camera although both bodies generally go with whoever is shooting, at first it was frustrating, now I am using it as an excuse to own spare bodies, In my case we will end up with both a full frame and crop body, but we can each use either whenever we need and if we both have paying gigs I just rent a body for whoevers' gig pays better. I have come to grips with the fact that trying to call it "my gear" or "her gear" is futile, it is "our gear"

Erik

Here are both bodies in action at an alzheimers walk last week, The body on the tripod was being triggered remotely every time I hit the shutter on body#2 one getting detail shots and one wide for reference.

Comment

my fiance has no idea how to use my gear. Every attempt ends up exactly the opposite of what she meant to shoot. Bought her a nice high end pns for her birthday and called it a day.
                  “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

fuck no
                    i bought her a rebel
                    shes not touching my 1d3
                    Disclaimer:
                    I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Originally posted by imortalsin84 View Post
                      nah she has her own snap shot....put your foot down let her know you wear the pants she just controls the zipper lol
                      LOL
                      and no i dont like anyone touching my electronics.

Comment

I actually use my wifes D90. SHe is pretty good and learns lots from all the photo blogs and such. She has picked up Lightroom and Photoshop skills now too to do some clean up editing. So, she cleans up my pics. Some day maybe I'll get my own, for now, its nice to just use the wiffs.

Comment

My gf takes way better pics then i do
                          chUD..........Asphalt-sux

"Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! "Gregg Valentino

Comment

Its just a tool to me now, i used to be paranoid about people using it, or even what i did with it myself, but now my cameras are tool's, and get treated as such, placed down wherever i am, my gear is lent out to people (other photographer's mainly that can return the favour when i need) if needs be, and i use other peoples gear.. The other week i Borrowed a mates 300 2.8 for a day of track shooting, its just a lens at the end of the day!

As much as i love my Camera, its only a Camera and is easily replaceable, generally with something better!
                            www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers, Understeer Scares The Driver

Comment

My camera is my gfs old one (XT)... I'm not allowed to use the new one (50D) lol.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Working...
                              X