Milling About

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milling About

You may know that we happen to enjoy airflow. Sometimes, though, maximizing it requires a few tricks.

Airflow is important, no matter what way you look at it. If the air can’t reach the engine at the flow rate necessary to make good power, it just won’t make that power. Therefore, when it comes to custom airboxes, we always attempt to maximize airflow to produce the greatest amount of power possible. This is exactly what we’re doing in the case of a Chevy Trailblazer SS that wanted an upgrade to his current intake system. So, after plenty of time spent designing and planning, the mill set to work cutting out what is undoubtedly one of our most interestingly shaped pieces to date.

And this is the end result. Made from aluminum, the contours in this design are striking by themselves. This piece is the connection between the intake tubing (connecting to the round portion) and the airbox itself (the larger, flat side represents one wall of the airbox assembly). Tough to comprehend, even weirder to look at, this small component of a much larger system is proof that a 3-axis CNC mill is capable of some amazing things.

Definitely interesting for those who didn’t realize you could transform a circle into a rectangle. In other news, it’s still awfully hot out. Stay cool!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Looks like something out of Terminator 2!

btw, I have the same phone and I **** it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBody View Post
      Looks like something out of Terminator 2!

btw, I have the same phone and I **** it.
      Thanks!

Does yours have a shitty, annoying ring, too? Sounds like I work in a dentist's office, haha.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Must have been fun to fixture for the second cutting pass. Good stuff.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Working...
        X