Grab-Bag Tuesdays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grab-Bag Tuesdays

Today has a little bit of everything going on. Reach into a random corner of the garage, you’ll find something different happening. Today…is grab-bag Tuesday

First up, in Luci’s corner, rests Mike’s RS6. The turbos returned from Avalon this week, and we’ve set about reinstalling them. Here’s a couple shots of them before we slapped ‘em on:

And here’s one complete side of the engine, with the snail nestled nicely in its proper position. Which is good, as it doesn’t really do much good on the concrete. From here, it’s back to the dyno for the tune, and then it’s ready to start conquering the highways of Northwest Suburban Chicagoland:

Over in fabrication, we finished the work in George’s 318’s engine bay. Everything is where it needs to be now, so we gave it a quick power wash, and it’s definitely looking much nicer than before. From here, all that’s left is the tucking of the remaining wires (some of which you can see at the edge of the frame), and then the tune. Looks like our dyno is going to be plenty busy for a few weeks!

Finally, we move back to yesterday’s topic, Eric’s Z4M. The power steering cooler now has the correct pieces in place to mount the A/N fittings for the power steering fluid to run through, and it’s back in its correct place, with everything functioning as it should! Fab’s moving quick on this one, so expect a multitude of updates as time goes on.

Motor Union. Do it. The fate of the world lies with you!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Hey Andrew, why is everything you guys do just completely and utterly badass??

I bet you guys can make an oil change cool
    Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
      Is this a challenge?

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Hey Andrew, why is everything you guys do just completely and utterly badass??

. . . so true!

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
          Is this a challenge?
          If it wasn't, it is now, I want to see an oil change made into a completely badass activity.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

CNC billet aluminium oil funnel with FMU sandblasted logo?

Comment

Is this a challenge?
              Well, I do need one............... You guys could throw some spacers on my car, take some badass pictures, and stun us with the oil change.

I'll even spin my coils all the way down and drive the 26 miles without a skid plate
              Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                If it wasn't, it is now, I want to see an oil change made into a completely badass activity.
                You know what, Kielan? Now I *don't* want to do it.

Originally posted by anth View Post
                CNC billet aluminium oil funnel with FMU sandblasted logo?
                Good idea. But not badass enough.

Well, I do need one............... You guys could throw some spacers on my car, take some badass pictures, and stun us with the oil change.

I'll even spin my coils all the way down and drive the 26 miles without a skid plate
                Oh, spacers just popped up into the conversation, eh?

And that would be fine if you drove here 26 miles with no skid plate. After all, we'll be able to fix whatever you break, haha.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Oh, spacers just popped up into the conversation, eh?

And that would be fine if you drove here 26 miles with no skid plate. After all, we'll be able to fix whatever you break, haha.
                  Spacers just for pics Think that's what they call "JDM IN PICS"
                  Alex

Comment

Spacers just for pics Think that's what they call "JDM IN PICS"
                    My car is JDM nowhere

At least until I save up for the JDM FD2 Mugen RR front-and-rear-end conversion. All in due time...

But in terms of actual conversations we were having, I don't know if we have any Audi-spec spacers sitting around.... 5x120? 5x114.5? Don't quite remember Audi bolt patterns...

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                    www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Audi is 5x112, pretty annoying when trying to search for a good deal on wheels. Choices are old audi wheels, old benz wheels, or $1500+ for anything else.
                      Alex

Comment

Audi is 5x112, pretty annoying when trying to search for a good deal on wheels. Choices are old audi wheels, old benz wheels, or $1500+ for anything else.
                        5x114.5 for the win. Honda's coming up Milhouse.

Uh, I mean, go BMW!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                        www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
                        X