Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something different to StanceWorks.. (minitruck content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something different to StanceWorks.. (minitruck content)

Now I dont know how well this build will go with the StanceWorks community, if there is a lot of **** then Ill just have the build removed. But somehow I cant see that happening.

Alright, Where to begin....

Since I used to be in the minitrucking scene down under, I have met a hell of a lot of people in it and sort of made a name for myself.. I met this one guy (AJ, owner of this build, not on this forum YET) a few years back. He had the dream of building a truck, so he went out and bought a 1996 ford courier. Its a long story but the truck, which is pictured below, was sold off due to lack of motivation, money, etc.

Good memories with that thing, It was static, Diff on chassis, and also included a road trip to pick up the tub on it. 1180 miles in 20 hours straight. Good times.

Anyway..

He recently purchased another courier, the itch obviously didnt go away, so now with some motivation and help from myself we are going to embark on a new frontier.

The previous owner had started shaving a few things here and there..

But to be honest, its in terrible shape. I am going to have to redo absolutely everything. Nothing worse then redoing something that someone else has done, its so much easier to start from factory, start fresh... eh, people will never learn..

So it was(still is) siting at a 4x4 height:

Then some more 4x4 sheetmetal was aquired, new front guards, new tailgate and some primer..

Then AJ lowered it some more to get it sitting even along with fitting a chrome mazda grille, headlight surrounds and clear indicators..

And thats how it sits now. Prettymuch as soon as I pull my finger out and take my civic to the workshop to get started on that, this will be coming to my garage and the cutting shall begin

Plans:

- Redo all the work that has already been done to the body.
    - Fabricate front and rear guards to be "wide body" like..
    - Get the whole truck straight and ready for paint
    - Tub the front inner guards, to accomodate the big wheels
    - Toy with the Idea of fitting an IRS
    - Complete 5 stud (lug) conversion
    - Did I mention get it laying flat and bags?

Any whos. Rendeing:

Yeah, I know, I fucked up the wheels, You dont have to point it out..

Wheel choice will be either WORK VSKF or WORK EQUIP 05. Obviously with huge widths and offset.

The Aim of the build:

- To build a truck like none other in Australia, Going all out with the body work and fabrication with a very japanese influence.

This is more of an intro at this stage, Once the build starts the updates will be slightly more consistant, Just though I would see what my Brothers in Stance thought about it.

Can it be done? we shall soon find out
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

looks good!

Comment

Comment

Here is some inspiration for you, A true "sofaking" custom

Its actually flat baby blue and flat white

2 inch body drop, york, 1/2 valves, FI b2600 motor swap and ranger headlights before it was sold

Here is one dragging the I90 tunnel in seattle
        Last edited by LuckyBoyOne3; 11-02-2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I love mini trucks, just gotta get my damn hardbody running and then the project begins.

Comment

^hardbody?!

Comment

The Datsun 720 was replaced in the 1986.5 model year with the D21 known in North America as the Nissan Hardbody...The Hardbody was produced for the U.S. Market from 1986.5 until 1997... Wikipedia.

Comment

i meant that as in "your building a hardbody?!" haha for sean

Comment

Of course Sean has a hardbody, Heck even I knew that haha...

LuckyBoy thanks for the inspiration, but I dont need any.. One of Our previous builds:

Keep the opinions/comments coming guys..
                  Originally posted by anth
                  Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

looks good, makes me want to keep my bagged 720... but i gotta either sell the 720 or the e30 gotta pick one... (not my choice)

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
                      have i seen that thing at the shorewood heights apartments on mercer island?
                      http://www.flickr.com/r_sotelo

Comment

Never been a fan of mini trucks, but I am always a fan of DYI auto building, Ill keep an eye on this one. Render looks killer Ox.
                        [

Comment

seen this on dut , had no idea you were going down this path with it but should be rad if all goes to plan! definantly will be unique down here.

Comment

thats awesome, keep this updated! My friend and I are tryna figure out how to drop his 87 toyota pickup =x

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

I like... a lot!

Comment

Working...
                              X