electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical

went to take my girlfriend to work this morning as her car is down needing a new transmission. battery was dead...took a different car, got back and jumped it.

i have been wanting to install a volt gauge i had sitting around and figured now would be a good time to do it since my battery died out of the blue a couple weeks ago as well, both then and today nothing was left on.

disconnect the battery, wire the gauge to the 75x post, and ground. reconnect battery, and the car starts fine. at a steady 14 or 15 volts.

come back a little later to check on it, and the battery is dead again. with the ignition on it's 9-10 volts. the weird part is that my switchbox only works with the ignition on. the switchbox is the only air component of mine wired directly to the battery, everything else is wired to the ignition, has been this way for over a year without any problems.....WTF?

going to check for a short when my friend brings my voltmeter back in a little bit, but wtf could cause the switchbox which is wired directly to the battery to only work when the ignition is on?

I remember hearing somewhere that mk4 sometimes have a sticky ignition cylinder. its possible that might have something to do with it. even though the key comes out, the actual cylinder might still partially be in acc or ign position.
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

i have a thread on vortex, but if it's on a picture thread over there, it's hard to get any help. gonna look in the faq for any info on the sticky ign. cylinder. but why do you think my switchbox that's wired directly to the battery only works with the ignition on?

Comment

is that a new issue since the battery died? or has it been that way for a while?
        Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

even earlier this morning when i jumped it the first time i was able to air it up to get it to roll to where i could jump it. i don't see how i could have accidentally disconnected the wire, pushed it through the firewall, then connected it to the ignition post on accident either

Comment

is it the first time it happened? get it checked. negligence is too expensive.
            napoleon electric fireplace
            napoleon gas fireplaces

Comment

Working...
            X