Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E36 Guys... rolling front arches -> What to do with the inner fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 Guys... rolling front arches -> What to do with the inner fender?

So,

I'll have to do some work to my front fenders soon.

What can I do with the plastic arch on the inside of the fender?

I don't want to completely remove it... mainly because that looks like shit when you look into the wheel well, lol.

What have you guys done to it?

Maybe cut out the outer top part?

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

I'd be careful with what you do with the archliner, thats there to stop water, dirt and general shite from travelling from the wheels upwards. It could lead to electrical problems. If your going o cut it you should put something else in place with more clearance.

I've never cut an archliner but thats just my take on it. You see some people removing them for clearance but it completely takes away the functionality of the car for instance if you have to drive in heavy rain you have to worry about water making its way up into fuseboxes and shit.
    Instagram @vave_dirgo

Comment

Where it comes down to meet the arch lip, id cut slits into it and just fold up to give more clearance and still stop all the crap going up, rather than cutting out completely.

When you say itll look crap when you look in, you mean where it goes down to the brake cooling ducts?
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

I guess you could try moulding it with a heat gun to allow more clearance.
        Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
        Internet high five for you.

Comment

rolling and pulling the fenders will not effect the fender liner much on the e36. some e36 cars have a thin strip of rubber inserted into the lip itself, that can be removed without leaving much of a gap.
          Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

I only removed the strip of rubber, as Tonys18t said. You don't need to modify the inner arch, unless you're going for a pull.
            - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
            - '10 TT RS
            - '13 A3 SB

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X