Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing stickers from chromed Viair compressors?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing stickers from chromed Viair compressors?

Hey all, I'm in the beginning stages of an air ride install, and I just unpacked all the components. The Viair chromed compressors have these big ugly stickers on them. I imagine people have removed them, because I've seen pics of people's setups without the stickers on the compressors. So, how do I do it without damaging the chrome finish?

Phil

P.S. Check out my build thread here:
    2003 Mustang Cobra convertible getting e-level setup!

Just peel the sticker off and use Goo Gone to get rid of the sticky residue. Thats what we did and it came out perfect. You won't ruin the finish.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
      Just peel the sticker off and use Goo Gone to get rid of the sticky residue. Thats what we did and it came out perfect. You won't ruin the finish.
      Awesome, thanks. The compressors will be out of sight anyways, but I know the stickers are gonna piss me off if I leave them on there.

Comment

I ended up using some Diesel fuel that we had kicking around the shop. It did the trick, but other products might have worked quicker. Why spend money on some special product when you can use what you've got and work for a couple minutes more?

Comment

Originally posted by Fastphil View Post
          I ended up using some Diesel fuel that we had kicking around the shop. It did the trick, but other products might have worked quicker. Why spend money on some special product when you can use what you've got and work for a couple minutes more?
          I've made the mistake of trying to "get by" without getting the "special product" a few times... Sometimes it works, like in your case... Other times it makes the job 2x as long lol.

Post pics of the install when you're done
          StatusRacing.com
          Configure YOUR Seat Here
          Tel: 1.480.265.8600
          Email: sales@statusracing.com
          Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Status, you can follow my build here:

Comment

Vinegar works on the sticky residue for future reference
              "Promoting the diminishment of automotive ground clearance since 2010"

Comment

3M makes a spray for sticker residue and stuff like that, that works amazingly
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I always just use WD40 or some bug/tar remover on sticker residue. Failing that, an eraser/rubber does wonders.

Comment

I used brake cleaner on mine left no marks and finish is still as good as it was over a year ago.

Comment

Paraffin works good also I use some stuff sometimes called TF-90 its an electrical contact cleaner but works great on sticky residue. For really stubborn stuff a little bit of heat from a hairdryer and a rub with some rucksack webbing is good too.

Comment

I usually heat the stickers up first. It helps

Comment

My brother just did this with some goo gone stuff that he had laying around. Just takes time and patience, and the finish was perfectly fine afterwords.

Comment

Alcohol will kill the goo in no time, 10 minutes tops (if you are slow as a turtle).

Comment

Working...
                            X