Adv, z4m, omg, bbq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adv, z4m, omg, bbq

Okay, so there’s not any barbecues happening (until this weekend, natch), but there are a lot of abbreviations being tossed around today.

So, we received some boxes from our friends at ADV.1 today. Four of them, to be specific.

We opened one up, and from the murky, corrugated depths came…

A set of ADV.1’s ADV10 line in their newest trim, the ADV10 TRAKfunction! The following text stolen from ADV.1’s website explains them in a bit more depth: “TRAKfunction is our traditional style step lip / non concave profile three piece wheel configuration designed to provide a lightweight, extremely high quality custom made forged 3 piece wheel at a competitive price point for the mid level sports car market.” This specific set is for Eric’s Z4M, the build list of which is quite extensive, and shall be revealed quite soon. As he’s looking for a more spirited driving route, we went with the heavy-duty lightening package from ADV.1, which included titanium fasteners…

…and spoke pocketing! When going out on the track or just good ol’-fashioned spirited driving, unsprung weight minimization is paramount.

As always, the center caps are there to remind us (and everybody who ends up drooling all over this Z4M) who’s behind this whole racket. The attention to detail is pretty damn good, if you ask us. This wheel looks like it’s ready to conquer the track! Or the streets, but we can’t recommend anything other than the speed limit in that situation. Ask your humble narrator; he’s currently in the midst of a legal imbroglio for just that reason. Not fun. But these wheels? Definitely fun.

It’s always nice to be reminded during the unboxing process that these wheels are custom-milled as soon as the order is placed. We’ve been looking forward to the arrival of order 1946 for quite some time.

And if you thought we couldn’t add to these wheels’ lightness any further…well…don’t think that. Titanium lug bolts may not make a substantial difference, but any shedding of vehicle weight is a good thing, especially weight of the unsprung variety.

Overall, the wheels look fantastic. We tried some dry runs of test-fitting, and the results looked amazing. Once the tires are on and the stance is properly set, we’ll be giving Eric’s Z4M the proper write-up it deserves. Until then, keep your drool off the clearcoat.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

I really love the look of those, but I am a big fan of ADV1 wheels if you ignore all the politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      I really love the look of those, but I am a big fan of ADV1 wheels if you ignore all the politics.
      And the politics is what I hope to ignore in this post. Remembering M. Bfurroughs' post about this being a friendly atmosphere, I chose not to include a disclaimer to not start any shit in this post. I know there are some very, VERY opinionated people when it comes to 360Forged/ADV.1, but if you can look past that and enjoy shiny things for a minute or two, I'd say my job is done for the day.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Definitely, some of the cars on their Flickr are some of the best around. Probably more to do with the fact they are all supercars lowered which is a hard thing to make look bad, but with a set of classy wheels on there they just look so good.

Is it a coupe or roadster they are going on?

Comment

those adv's are so fapable
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            Definitely, some of the cars on their Flickr are some of the best around. Probably more to do with the fact they are all supercars lowered which is a hard thing to make look bad, but with a set of classy wheels on there they just look so good.

Is it a coupe or roadster they are going on?
            Z4M Roadster. The Coupé looks like a clown shoe on mushrooms (as opposed to the Z3 Coupé, which looks like a regular clown shoe), but I secretly love them to death.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Working...
            X