Let's Play Catch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Play Catch

So, in normal Fluid fashion, the E90 is once again apart. Don’t worry, it’s just for a minor cosmetic improvement. But now we can take pictures of the catch can by itself!

This is the part where I explain the catch can. Since I copied it from a post from last week, I'll just say that catch cans remove the nasty gunk from the PCV system before venting to the atmosphere.

To complement the lack of FMU-specific branding on the stacks, we went with a very tasteful sandblast design of our logo.

At the business end of the catch can, we’ve got two black A/N fittings for both engine banks, along with another thimble filter for ventilation to the atmosphere.

As always, just because this part of the can faces the firewall, doesn’t mean we don’t care about the weld quality or fit and finish. Attention to detail is key.

Connection to solid ground is made by the way of the two “legs” of the can that bolt to part of the throttle bodies.

And the polish, ohhhhh the polish. Can’t forget about that. It contrasts against the more matte-like finish of the stacks’ arms, but isn’t so shiny that it’ll blind people at an outdoor car show. Although…

Finally, today’s been a complete whirlwind over at the FMU office. First, we appeared on Top Gear’s front page. Now, we’re on the front page of Jalopnik, which your humble narrator has been reading and worshipping for years. It’s a truly humbling experience to be bumping elbows with the Internet’s biggest and greatest car blogs, and we’re excited for the coverage.

It’s been a big week at Fluid, and we can’t wait to keep this momentum going for some time!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Thats awesome about Top Gear and Jalopnik. Maybe one day I can get you guys to fab me up some awesomeness
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

You know we'd love to. If it's an engine bay we have here, or something we've worked on before, we won't even need a template.

We made this little aluminum plate for Oxer a while back. Shipping to AUS was $100 for this tiny (2.5" x 2.5") plate, so now it's my coaster.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
      www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Make me a bike, clown!

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
          You know we'd love to. If it's an engine bay we have here, or something we've worked on before, we won't even need a template.

We made this little aluminum plate for Oxer a while back. Shipping to AUS was $100 for this tiny (2.5" x 2.5") plate, so now it's my coaster.
          hahah I think he'll be in the states in Aug for Tailored. I have a couple ideas for a swap to do in my E30 for this coming winter. Depending on what I end up doing, I might need custom v-mount, hardpipes and manifold. But we'll see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            hahah I think he'll be in the states in Aug for Tailored. I have a couple ideas for a swap to do in my E30 for this coming winter. Depending on what I end up doing, I might need custom v-mount, hardpipes and manifold. But we'll see what happens
            He will be. Burroughs and him might swing through FMU territory while Oxer makes some random swing through the United States. Presumably to see what life is like rightside-up.

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
            Make me a bike, clown!
            You are.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
              He will be. Burroughs and him might swing through FMU territory while Oxer makes some random swing through the United States. Presumably to see what life is like rightside-up.

You are.
              he'll probably be disoriented the whole time. you should get some beater car and have it on its roof, to make him feel more at home

Comment

he'll probably be disoriented the whole time. you should get some beater car and have it on its roof, to make him feel more at home
                i support this notion...
                cars and stuff

Comment

congrats on the coverage, well deserved, you guys are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by anth View Post
                    congrats on the coverage, well deserved, you guys are amazing.
                    Thanks! You're pretty amazing, too

Did you see that Top Gear UK episode where they brought the Top Gear Australia team over? Had them driving upside-down in a car, welded to a rightside-up car? It's how I learned that Australians REALLY don't like being told they live upside-down.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                    www.stanceworks.com

Comment

nice
                      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                      X