92 Accord Wagon setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Accord Wagon setup?

I have recently picked up a 1992 Honda Accord Wagon and I am looking to put an air suspension system into it... There are so many kits and parts out there and I have no idea where to start. I would appreciate any help that anyone could be (especially if you have built an Accord Wagon yourself)

I have never installed an air suspension system before and have heard that there is a chance of a lot of modification (notching the frame and stuff)

I am really interested in trying to make this a "budget" build and will not be doing any track driving with it, so I don't need any crazy setup or anything. I was wanting to keep the price under $1500 if that is possible but I would be willing to save for longer if needed. Ultimately I want to get to the point where it is low but not with too much camber to the point where I need to be flipping tires on the rims every rotation (even if I do work at a tire shop) I want it to be a DD that I can have a bit of fun in every once and a while and continue to dump money into for years to come.

Thanks
    Last edited by i.irwin1988; 06-22-2011, 03:31 PM. Reason: Updating Info

Welcome to SW! I know that Air Lift makes fronts and rears for your car and there are a bunch of guys out there running their suspension.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Are they hard to install because a lot of the kits that I have seen say that there could be some pretty decent modification to get them to install properly. I was thinking that I would be able to do all of the install myself considering I am quite handy and have done a lot of other work on other vehicles myself, just no suspension work yet...

Comment

And the only kit I found on their site was this one for a little over $3000. Is it the one you were talking about? http://shop.airliftcompany.com/produ...igital_control

Comment

Originally posted by i.irwin1988 View Post
          And the only kit I found on their site was this one for a little over $3000. Is it the one you were talking about? http://shop.airliftcompany.com/produ...igital_control
          Doing the install yourself really isn't all that bad. The Air Lift fronts and rears with the least expensive management that we have to offer (manual) comes out to be around $1,600 for everything. Depending on what you are looking for management wise, the price will go up from there.

Comment

Okay, I will take a look at those Air Lift fronts and rears. I was looking at the E-level kit on your site with the wireless touch pad. But it could just be out of my price range with this build right now. I will probably end up spending the extra money in the long run though. Also, something I forgot before was that I need to be able to get 6" of clearance on the front bumper and 8" on the rear so that I can make it into my driveway without having to get out before pulling in and laying down some 2x4s. Is it possible to get a set of bags with 4-5" of movement in the front and 6-7" of movement in the rears? I haven't been able to find it but that doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Comment

Haha the 2x4 method seems like a pain if you have to do that every time you want to get in/ leave your driveway! The Air Lift's will give you plenty of lift and the D2 air struts are fully threaded so you can get the right amount of height no matter what.

As for the management, the touch pad with eLevel is definitely the top of the line system. It all comes down to preference tho and what you want to get out of your air ride setup. If you want to be reading gauges and playing with switches to get to the right psi's, a manual or analog setup would be best. If you wanted something that was pretty much automatic and you didn't really need to worry about pressures and what your suspension is doing, then one of the eLevel kits would be best.

Comment

Sounds like the eLevel kit is what I need then. I am more of a push the button and shit happens kind of person, especially when I am walking to the car in the parking lot at work... I don't want to have to sit there and play with it to raise it up enough to get over the stupid speed bumps in the parking lot. Do you have the D2 struts on your website?

Comment

Haha I hear you. We actually haven't gotten the chance to add them yet but we do have the price lists and all. And not to push you to purchase or anything but we are running a $200 off full kits with Touch Pad eLevel right now. Just figured I would throw that out there now instead of you figuring it out when it's too late.

Comment

Get in contact with these guys:
                    http://www.universalairsuspension.com/on-road/

They make a strut bag that utilizes your stock or aftermarket struts.
                    Well worth it, and cheaper than buying a whole strut kit.
                    And yes I have installed them before

Also a friend of my mine had them on the same car as yours.
                    Last edited by Japansie; 06-24-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

My bad @BagRiders.

Not trying to steal a customer.

Comment

So I am starting to have second thoughts on the air suspension and am leaning more towards coilovers the more that I think about it... just for the fact that I want to be able to go to the track once I get the engine and transmission swap in...

Comment

Your car can actually handle better on the track with air suspension, as long as it is installed for it. Meaning you wont be able to lay body.

Comment

I am also more confident in my ability to install coilovers myself. I will eventually build a car with air, but I just don't want to take any chances with my daily being out of commission for a long period of time. I need to be able to do the whole suspension on a Sunday because that is my only day off every week...

Comment

Originally posted by i.irwin1988 View Post
                              I am also more confident in my ability to install coilovers myself. I will eventually build a car with air, but I just don't want to take any chances with my daily being out of commission for a long period of time. I need to be able to do the whole suspension on a Sunday because that is my only day off every week...
                              Look what you did Japansie! You confused the guy to the point where he's going to stick with coils... I'm only kidding, if you have any other questions let me know and good luck with the car!

Comment

Working...
                              X