Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 215/45/17 on a 10.5?

any pics of this?
    my 225/45s are a little too meaty and found some 215s for free as opposed to dishing out some real money for a 225/35...might look dumb but im curious if its been done..couldnt find any examples on google or rimtuck so any input would be great thanks!

go to wheelwhores.com im preaty sure they will have examples of that same set up

Comment

I had the same problem finding 225 35 in the brand I wanted, now running 215 40 on a 10x17 which is the same stretch just a little taller, might be an option for ya

Comment

i think a 215/40 might be a bit extreme for a 10.5?

Comment

It's only marginally more stretch than the 225 35 if that's what you wanted to run. I don't think you would be able to see the difference looking at it

Comment

yeah still looking for pics of this setup..im assuming it can be done..i just dont want any ugly stretch
            maybe i could just go for the 215/45 then...tires will be used so would i wana heat up the sidewalls while mounting??

i did have a 205/40 on my 9 and i loved how aggressive it looked

and my 225/45s dont look too shabby either but im running a fatass wheel up front so i need something smaller

so a 215 couldnt hurt too much more right? xD

Comment

Tyrestretch.com + a little brain work

Comment

yeah i just wana see if its fugly or looks alright ha

Comment

on 10.5?

it seems too much stretch IMO... :/

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=16940&page=7

Comment

thats what i was thinking but ive heard of it beeing done..just wanted to see..
                    ive seen a 225/35 on a 10.5 and looks siccck but i need to figure out the difference of running a 215/45

Comment

Originally posted by 240benzo View Post
                      thats what i was thinking but ive heard of it beeing done..just wanted to see..
                      ive seen a 225/35 on a 10.5 and looks siccck but i need to figure out the difference of running a 215/45
                      its gonna be a little rounder

im running a falken zeix 225/40/18x8.5 on my fronts and they look great, pretty stretched, the lip sticks out just a little, i think im gonna 215's for the front and move the 225's to the back
                      1999 Slammed W202 - RIP
                      1962 Ford Ranchero - Olivia (Current Project)

if i wanted to be unoriginal, i'd own a BMW.

Comment

10 215 35 17

10.5 225 35 17
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I run a 215/45/17 9" wide wheel its a mild stretch . but it was bitch too mount them. and 215 are only rated for a 7" wide wheel

Comment

i had a 205/40 on my 9s back in the day so im not new to stretching at all..

but if you can get a 215 35 17 on a 10"
                            then i dont see why a 215/45 couldnt stretch a half inch more..thanks!

Comment

oooh okay thank god for rimtuck!
                              i just typed in the tire size 215/45 and came up with this setup
                              www.RIMTUCK.com - Wheel fitment database.

18x11 215/45 and 18x12 225/45 ---im doin it! ha you dont think the fact that they're 18s shouldnt make a huge difference being that its on a 11?
                              crappy pics but doesnt look like complete crap

Comment

Working...
                              X