Air Ride Components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Ride Components

I want to bag my car so any help on what parts i need, sites, kits, separate parts...... anyway, i need all the info because i'm newbie on that
    Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wesleygti/

List of the general parts (I'm sure I'm missing stuff)

Switches
    Gauges
    Pressure Switch
    Valves or Valve Manifolds
    Compressor(s)
    Wiring Kit
    Air tank(s)
    Air Line
    Various Fittings
    Bags
    Leader Lines for the front

sites:

www.airassisted.com - Piece together your own kit or buy premade VW kits.
    www.openroadtuning.com - Premade VW kits
    www.mason-tech.com - Premade VW kits

Most important thing is to just do your reading. You don't want to have a car on bags without knowing how everything works. Get a good understanding about the whole system so you feel comfortable with it.

Comment

keep it simple and do this kit with bagyard struts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post

Most important thing is to just do your reading. You don't want to have a car on bags without knowing how everything works. Get a good understanding about the whole system so you feel comfortable with it.
        This is the biggest thing, this can hurt you so much if you're stuck on the side of road, in a parking lot, etc and dont know how to McGuiver your system or look for whats wrong.

suicidedoors.com
        baak2basics.com (another VW friendly site)

there's a thread on vortex that "Charmander" just posted up about laying a frame on a mkiii w. air; i'd take a gander at that as well.

Car looks sick

Comment

thanks for the info guys

Comment

Wesley, I personally would recommend going for MT's or BY's right off the bat. If you decide you want to get the feel for air ride first and want to try bag over coils, I will be putting my Aerosports up for sale soon. MT's should be here tomorrow.

Also, I know you see Marco's from time to time, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
            “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Originally posted by J.Owen View Post
              Wesley, I personally would recommend going for MT's or BY's right off the bat. If you decide you want to get the feel for air ride first and want to try bag over coils, I will be putting my Aerosports up for sale soon. MT's should be here tomorrow.

Also, I know you see Marco's from time to time, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
              Thanks Josh BTW: I haven't spoken with Marcos about that
              Last edited by low_offset; 11-02-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I won't mention it then

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Originally posted by J.Owen View Post
                  I won't mention it then
                  (on a side note) i need some rollin' shots of my car for the next season

Comment

I'd be happy to get out and shoot with you sometime. Unfortunately I don't get home from work till its dark right now, but we could plan for a weekend coming up.

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

not to thread jack .. but im in the same boat ... right now my y33 isnt as low as i want it .. nore do i like the disadvantage of non-adjusting ... my plans were to purchase a UAS kit .. but i cant come up with the entire amount of cash ..

im running JIC coilovers ... so i was thinking about purchasing UAS bags and then buying the air management system

i found this setups:
                      Find the right air suspension, tow kit, and custom vehicle part. Browse thousands of American-made products, or contact our Arizona-based sales team for the perfect fit for your ride. We have over two decades of customizing air bag suspension kits for every make and model. Chat or call our US-based team today.

many of these setups are already setup and simple run lines and wiring ... wad do you think about those in the link? ..

so do i have to call UAS to get brackets for the bags to mount of to the jic coils? .. or they are the universal McPherson struts?

thanks for any help
                      -mark

Comment

Stay away from airbagit. They're know for low quality parts and awful customer service.

UAS doesn't have specific mounts for each coilover. They sell a universal kit that most people use, or they have custom mounts made (that's what I ended up doing)

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                          Stay away from airbagit. They're know for low quality parts and awful customer service.

UAS doesn't have specific mounts for each coilover. They sell a universal kit that most people use, or they have custom mounts made (that's what I ended up doing)
                          ok ... il check out the other sites you guys linked on this thread

do you know whats the easiest way to contact UAS? ... i emailed them but i got nothing in response .. i guess i will have to call them or something

what UAS bags should i buy ?.. there was 2 of them offered on the site .

Comment

Another thing to take into account is the diameter of the coilovers, i believe for ethe Aerosports it needs.. 2.14" IIRC
                            I have a set for sale w. brackets BTW

Ok no more threadjacking or plugs from me

airbagit is a pain to work with, i bought a digital guage system through them, it didnt work and they refused to refund my $$.

Comment

Originally posted by drivnovrdaedge View Post

what UAS bags should i buy ?.. there was 2 of them offered on the site .
                              I don't know what the suspension setup is like on your car, so I don't know.

If you're looking to fit a bag over a coilover, your only choice is the UAS Aerosport bags. They have inner sleeves that allow you to slip them over.

Comment

Working...
                              X