Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelies with shiny lip.

Like this:

Is there some nickel/chrome coating on the lip, and after this welded very carefully or what?? Some special paint? I`m interested..
    Project 1.
    Project 2.

www.facebook.com/NenimousGarage

They're usually chromed. I'm not sure what the exact process is, but I'd imagine it has to happen after the welding?

Comment

maybe polished

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wesleygti/

Comment

forgot the company but they are diamond something...diamondwheels.com??? diamondracing.com?? but i've been eyballing them for my z as well to go sliding on
        sigpic

Comment

diamond racing wheels and aero both make them. custom offsets and cheap.

Comment

Here's my old 13x8 steels. They were stock rabbit widened to 8in with chrome barrels. I'm sure the chrome was done prior to welding the new bands onto the stock centers.

If you are gonna go steels, get some widened... the inward curvature of the Diamond wheels looks like NASCAR...

Comment

Originally posted by bud's hanzo sword View Post

If you are gonna go steels, get some widened... the inward curvature of the Diamond wheels looks like NASCAR...
              Yes, i think stock-look center is better. I have 1 set of widened orig.wheels but lets see... maybe some powder-coating is enough for me.
              Project 1.
              Project 2.

www.facebook.com/NenimousGarage

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy.yoshi View Post
                forgot the company but they are diamond something...diamondwheels.com??? diamondracing.com?? but i've been eyballing them for my z as well to go sliding on
                Diamondracngwheels.com yeah they have some dope wheels. but i contacted them about some possible 18" steelies and they said they couldnt make them for the application I wanted, which was 18x8.5 and 18x9.5

but i found a site that does have 18" steelies but they are meant for suv/trucks but can be made in any bolt pattern, width, center bore, and offset. I gotta find the site...

*edit* http://rockcrawler-mrt.com/offroad%2...18%20inch.html

They are heavy as fack lol but they look pretty cool
                Last edited by RedE46Bimmer; 11-02-2009, 01:07 AM.
                -Brandon-

Comment

hahah funny Yoshi that you were thinking about these wheels to go drifting on.. I was thinking the same thing for extra spars, since they are so cheap...

Oh and that's weird Red, on their site they show that they make them in 18" with 8" to 28" width.. http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/drwcustom.html

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

Ohhh man! I love the look of these wheels. MKII Golf/Jetta FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by RedE46Bimmer View Post
                      Diamondracngwheels.com yeah they have some dope wheels. but i contacted them about some possible 18" steelies and they said they couldnt make them for the application I wanted, which was 18x8.5 and 18x9.5

but i found a site that does have 18" steelies but they are meant for suv/trucks but can be made in any bolt pattern, width, center bore, and offset. I gotta find the site...

*edit* http://rockcrawler-mrt.com/offroad%2...18%20inch.html

They are heavy as fack lol but they look pretty cool
                      Thats because Diamond doesnt make wheels in half-inch increments. just like they dont do backspacing in 1/4" increments just 1/2".
                      ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
                      Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                        Thats because Diamond doesnt make wheels in half-inch increments. just like they dont do backspacing in 1/4" increments just 1/2".
                        Really!?

Wow it would have been nice to get some kind of explanation from them of why they were not able to do it. instead I got a one sentence respnse basically saying "we can not make them in that application" and thats it.

I might be looking back into them....

Thanks Oscar!
                        -Brandon-

Comment

Working...
                        X