Just got a qoute for a full install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a qoute for a full install

So i decided just to check out one of my local custom car shop about installing airride onto my Benz. He took a look at me car and then went on his computer to check some things out and then after 10-15mins later he came and quoted me 3g for a full install including all the parts, shocks, bags etc. You guy think that is a good deal? This if for F,B,S,S.
    95' Mercedes S500

Only if it includes 3 wheel motion j/k

You need to ask him what parts he is using then do some research to make sure they are good quality.

Comment

i paid close to that for my older setups and that was with no install
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

After he quoted me that i told him if he can go with the Viair 480 dual compressors and he said yeah that is fine. As for the parts i didn't ask him about it but im going to check out one of the local city forums and ask about that shop seeing if anyone did work with them. The shop is clean they sells cars and along with a newly built car garage where they do their work.

Hinrichs - 3g isn't a bad price then im guessing.
        95' Mercedes S500

Comment

I'm no air set-up pro by any means but I think one of the biggest things you should check into when considering that price is what type of air management is going to be used.

- 4 Valve set-up vs an 8 valve set-up
          - What type of valves(from the research I've done they've improved vastly over the years; bad valves aren't really an issue).
          - Analog vs and Electric valve set-upp

I'm piecing together my own kit and I'm at $1500+ in parts. I'd say a lot of your parts are going to take some type of fabbing of some sort so I'd say its a good price to get you going in the right direction.

Definitely see if you can find any info on others sharing that platform that have air suspension, that's the greatest tool when it comes to stuff like this, you can save a lot of headache, time, & money.

When all is said & done though, that Benz is gonna look hot squating on those Avus wheels man.
          E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

my one friend was right around 3k as well using accuiar switchspeed, bagyard fronts and airlift rear kit on his mk6 gti

another friend was around 3600 for a full bagyard kit for his mk3 gti with easystreet switch/accuair uv4 and around another 400 for additional fittings and wood and stuff for his trunk, i dont know prices on strut setups for a mercedes tho
            Last edited by hinrichs; 06-13-2011, 01:54 PM.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

^^ I think im going to be right around the 3k mark for everything. I did my research on that custom shop and i heard BAD things about the work there so im not going to take it there anymore. I have been recommended another shop called Mikes Kustom Fabrication.

Originally posted by Dom_J View Post
              I'm no air set-up pro by any means but I think one of the biggest things you should check into when considering that price is what type of air management is going to be used.

- 4 Valve set-up vs an 8 valve set-up
              - What type of valves(from the research I've done they've improved vastly over the years; bad valves aren't really an issue).
              - Analog vs and Electric valve set-upp

I'm piecing together my own kit and I'm at $1500+ in parts. I'd say a lot of your parts are going to take some type of fabbing of some sort so I'd say its a good price to get you going in the right direction.

Definitely see if you can find any info on others sharing that platform that have air suspension, that's the greatest tool when it comes to stuff like this, you can save a lot of headache, time, & money.

When all is said & done though, that Benz is gonna look hot squating on those Avus wheels man.

That is what i am doing sofar i bought the Aivair dual 480c, 5gal tank... as for the air bags i don't know which to get. Is there any specific parts u reccomend? The Mikes Kustom he told me with the parts i have he will charge me $1800+ my parts. And since i don't have it all he told me whatever the extra is i will just pay that.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
              95' Mercedes S500

Comment

Not having Accuair Elevel and that other fancy parts will save you 2K, Nobody really needs it IMO
                Last edited by benz88; 06-13-2011, 12:50 PM.
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

Nobody needs anything but e-level is fucking boss.

Comment

Originally posted by kartikeya View Post
                    Nobody needs anything but e-level is fucking boss.
                    its deffinitly a nice system, i went switchspeed, which i wrote wrong before, nicer than the normal switchbox and way cheaper....my friend has elevel but still hasnt hooked it up since its too confusing to setup
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                      its deffinitly a nice system, i went switchspeed, which i wrote wrong before, nicer than the normal switchbox and way cheaper....my friend has elevel but still hasnt hooked it up since its too confusing to setup
                      Come on it's not THAT bad haha. You just need to find a place for the sensors, plug them in and your pretty much ready to get those presets rolling!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Can you always upgrade using elevel onto whatever airride setup you have?
                        95' Mercedes S500

Comment

Originally posted by hellah fresh View Post
                          That is what i am doing sofar i bought the Aivair dual 480c, 5gal tank... as for the air bags i don't know which to get. Is there any specific parts u reccomend? The Mikes Kustom he told me with the parts i have he will charge me $1800+ my parts. And since i don't have it all he told me whatever the extra is i will just pay that.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mikes-...13516978705508
                          I'd imagine upgrading wouldn't be a major issue as far as the e-leveling which I too dream of getting ahold of one day. I know when it comes to the air suspension game the modo "do it right, or do it twice," hold so true 90% of the time.

I wouldn't worry so much about which bags they want to use, that's not really an issue as most of these same bags are the ones holding up full-size trucks/SUVS etc. The bags of today are far superior from what I understand like most air suspension components now-a-days.

The thing to keep in mind is although we like to search for our own parts to try to save money, a lot of the time the shop as a retailer may be able to source the same parts/alike parts for the same price or lower for us. I'd let them put together most of the system with the parts they are familiar with. With that, in the event of any issues, some type of "repair/warranty" fix situation would be a little easier to accomplish. The shop definitely specializes in this type of stuff so I'd let them have a it.

Overall 3k seems fair, people are paying more than that for bolt-in systems in which yours requires some fabricating. Just make sure you guys share the same vision of your ideal air suspension, however you view it in your head needs to be clear to the installer.
                          E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

Comment

I paid 3k for mine installed by Santi. I have Mason-Tech bags, but I hear they are no longer making airride stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by hellah fresh View Post
                              Can you always upgrade using elevel onto whatever airride setup you have?
                              You can, especially if you are running 3/8" lines. If you're running anything different than that then you will have to replace all of you fittings/ lines which is a pain. Assuming that your setup has 8 electric valves, you can keep your existing manifolds/ valves as well.

You can buy the e-Level System with the Rocker Switch for $795.00 and the e-Level System with the Touch Pad for $1,095.00. They are located here under the DIGITAL CONTROLLERS section of our site.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
                              X