Webbs FrankenSix build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webbs FrankenSix build

So based on my current SUPER enthusiasm with this project Ive cooked up i decided to strike up a build thread.

My plans are to take the six and essentially do an entire build on it. Which if you know me youll know this may be impossible (partially the reason im making a thread so that youz guyz can push me). Anyway the plan is to take an LT1 GM motor Which came in the 93-97 camaro / corvette / impala, mated with a six speed (which also came in the viper) all with a custom lingenfelter exhaust, GC coilover Kit, and new Brake rotors...thats all the brakes need as theyre factory 4 piston front 2 piston rears.

So heres what Im starting with:

Right now Ive got the thing apart down to a couple pistons which are a bit stuck in the block due to some minor rust, and a crank hub pulley that wont come off.

Now I know what youre thinking "oh another redneck putting a 350 in his bimmer" but thats not how I see it. I plan to take every measure including every part of the motor save for the intake (which will be polished) being painted black. Hiding all the wiring in appropriate factory looms blah blah blah

sgunna be amazing, Ill get more pics of the block once I figure out the settings on ma new camera.

-Webb

Good luck, sounds tough haha!
    Originally posted by da3bous
    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

So you are actually going to do it huh?

Comment

Neato

Comment

Gonna be sweet, even though I **** LT1's, lol. I need to start a build thread here for my LS1 e30

Comment

Yes Nick imma do it. I for see this build being all about help from friends and late nights in the garage I fully expect it to be in progress for a year or two, hence why im here, to have you guys pushin me.

Oh and someone needs to give me their puller so I can get the hub off the crank and finish the disassambly...
            Last edited by 6erWebb; 10-26-2009, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Interested. I know it's not the same thing, but this may be of some help when I go to LSx swap my car.

Good luck, can't wait to see the end result.

Comment

Thanks Zack

The only hard part I see coming is the fabbing of the motor and trans mounts which Ive never done.

Comment

Well, I too as a previous LS1 owner have a strong disdain for LT1's but I'm sure you'll do this swap right. You better believe we'll hound you to get it done as well

Comment

Check out "Jags that run" they specialize in putting chev v8's in cars they didn't come in. And don't worry about the mounts, thats one of the easier parts.

Comment

Originally posted by 6erWebb View Post
                      Oh and someone needs to give me their puller so I can get the hub off the crank and finish the disassambly...

Hard to loan it to you if you don't let me know that you need it.

Comment

...oh hai, guess what I need, I assume ill see you in a day or two so now you know

Comment

Webb this makes me so happy,, I will push you my firend this thing has to happen. Funny I'm doing an LS2 in my 350z so look out for my build thread on that. We can push each other...

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_T View Post
                            Webb this makes me so happy,, I will push you my firend this thing has to happen. Funny I'm doing an LS2 in my 350z so look out for my build thread on that. We can push each other...

Goodbye VQ, hello real engine hahaha.

Comment

Thats what I like to hear Royal, Imma push you bro we need to start a group for these Non american cars with GM v8s.

And a better name for my project. Maybe 6R1, like the corvette zr1? i dunno

heres where we're at now:

The rust is only in 3 cylinders

up close, the rust looks like it wont be too bad, I was told to send it and get the block honed and cleaned and all that but I think I may be able to do all the cleaning myself.

The only piston Ive gotten out so far that looked nasty

and me pile o parts

Right now the only thing I need to buy for the block is rings bearings and seals

Comment

Working...
                              X