Warp Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warp Speed

Sometimes, things need to be done quickly.

This time, the job that needed immediate attention was the construction of a second C63 oil cooler for OJ and Craig in Doha. Thankfully, the mill had finished cutting out Mike Burroughs’ velocity stacks, and we had just finished the final welds on Gary’s E39 M5 exhaust (pinion seal, clutch and flywheel is today, tomorrow is the tune), so it seemed that everything fell into place at just the right time. The mill started cutting, then the welds started, and everything came together in little over one day. Yesterday, this was as far as we’d made it before we left for the evening:

And now, we’ve got two ends left to add to the main body, pressure testing, and that’s it!

Not bad for a couple hours’ work this morning and afternoon. Check out the welds on the end tanks, too; having to go quick doesn’t mean we’re willing to sacrifice quality.

We’re excited to see how well the cooler performs in one of the hottest climates in the world! If it functions there, we’re going to do our next round of testing on the surface of the Sun. Although we might need some tires capable of handling that, if that’s the case. PS2’s probably won’t cut it.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
    www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
    I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Your sacrificed quality welds --------------

Anyone's best attempt ----------------------

Comment

I've never seen such precise welding before as I do from everyone of your projects. Top work. Wish you had a UK branch...

Comment

M.Bfurroughs' velocity stacks?
        Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
          Your sacrificed quality welds --------------

Anyone's best attempt ----------------------
          Now you're just flattering us. Don't let Tom get a big head.

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          I've never seen such precise welding before as I do from everyone of your projects. Top work. Wish you had a UK branch...
          Thanks! We've got something opening up in Qatar, which is probably closer than the States...

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
          M.Bfurroughs' velocity stacks?
          Indeed. Check back a couple posts in our forum, you'll see a peek at 'em.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
          I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Working...
          X