Anyone know about ICE on here? Amplifier problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about ICE on here? Amplifier problems

This happened a couple of weeks back and I can't figure out it. Wonder if someone on here can help.

My setup is a pair of Mac Audio 16.5cm comps upfront wired to a MTX Audio 4channel amplifier. I don't know model numbers off the top of my head. Then for no reason a couple of weeks ago the speakers just stopped working, just assumed the power had come loose or something but went to check it out and it is all powering on fine, the red LED flickers to show its recieving audio. I've tried both inputs, I can't see any breaks in the wiring, but I cannot get the audio to come back to the front speakers.

Any chance they both blew together? The amplifier is rated well below the RMS of speakers so I don't think thats the case but genuinely can't think of any other reasons for it. Anyone got a suggestion?

have you checked the fuse(s)?

Comment

the LED flickers? that doesnt sound right. double check all your connections. especially the ground. What kind of head unit are you using?
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

The led should not flicker, On most amps, red means that the amp has gone into safe mode (not in all cases) It is also possible to have blown the speakers due to under powering them because it fatigues the speakers, however this is also very uncommon in anything but high power subwoofers.

-It sounds to me that you should check your remote line, and replace your RCA wires as they often go bad causing the speakers to not receive the signal.

Comment

The LED lights up when it's powered on, not a safe mode, I know that much so the powers there... I don't think it could have blown the speakers because it's both and they just stopped working when I turned the car off once.

Yeah I checked all fuses and they are fine, I've not tried a different RCA cable but it should be easy enough to as I've got 2 running down the car ready for the sub. I'll investigate more at the weekend.

Comment

i'd check the ground, make sure that is good. if that doesn't change anything i'd jump 12v to the amp turn on.

build thread?

Comment

I decided rather than mess around fixing it, confirmed it wasn't the wiring to the speakers and ripped the amplifier out to sell the car instead.

Comment

Working...
              X